Ke20 Corolla Sr20Det Conversion

demotorsport

i have googled my head off

searched number of forums

and i can't find detailed info on whats needed to be done to put a sr20 into a ke20 corolla

thought id say this because people will just say search button is your answer but its not ive tried over and over again.

if there are deatiled links feel free to post every link possibe so its all in 1 place.

also any pics of below questions would be helpfull.

if some1 has done this conversion them self id love a phone number to have a chat about it.

to start off questions are

1.what mounts or rubbers can be used as a base for custom mounts?

2.what gearbox crossmember can be used as a base to modify and how?

3.pros n cons of modifying firewall because ive seen it done with and without.

4.tunnel mods to be done?(where is the problem height or width or both?

5.with the height of engine and box will it face issues conect to standard diff?yes i know it will blow but doing it this ay atm.

6.what clutch master cylinder to use?

7.what brake booster and master to use?

8.sump modification?(will gtir sump work?)

9.steering mods?

thank you.

Edited by demotorsport

Members dont see this ad

1. shackle rubbers, or mount of your choice, i have used ta22 mounts in the past.

2. Make your own, 25mm shs and some angle iron.

3. Do not mod the firewall.

4. Only length is the problem, use a rb20 gearbox with an sr20 bellhousing for a better shifter position and less length.

5. no

6. I used ta22, kangaroosa has since discoved a method using rx7 master that is much simpler, use sr20 slave.

7. Would be custom for ke20 i would think, some use remote booster, this usually only boost fronts which my engineer hated the idea of.

8. Gtir :lolcry: . s13, s14, s15 sump with some of the webbing at the rear cut out to clear the steering will work fine.

9. no

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

1.so custom mounts off the block to shackle rubbers on custom mounts on k frame?

4.length? so just the hole for shifter is problem? no mods to tunnel?

6.what model rx7?and does it clear engine or intake?ant other options?

7.with remote bosster would there be room for master in engine bay?

8.thought id pop that in cause engine is bare with no manifold or anything but has a gtir sump.havent looked so no idea how different they are or if there better or worse fo conversion.I'm sure ill see funny side wen i have a look.

thanks heeps for that champ.got any pics of any of the above?have u done this conversion yourself?

I can't comment on a KE20 tho, but give some extra input

You can also use Ford 250 Crossflow engine mounts, I used the silvia mounts, mounts have to be made as mentioned above

You can mod the standard SR gearbox mount with plates to match, otherwise a close one will be a C4 box for a Mustang, have known of a HQ box crossmember that bolts to the chassis rails in a Mk1 Cortina with an SR, food for thought,

I have used all three pedals from a 180SX, and recent replaced the slave with a 200B item,.

In saying that I have the 180SX booster and master

nisrolla

u used stadard sr engine mounts and made up the mounts on the k frame to suit?

was thinking of modding a ke20 crossmember so lines up with chassis and fab up somethin in middle to bolt to box?may be way off the mark there though.might use sr croosmember and modify it.

do the 180 pedals bolt up easy or alot of modifying? and how was it for room with the master sylinder and brake booster?

cheers mate

1. Probably minimal mods to the mount onto the engine, mostly mods to the ke20 crossmember

4. Tunnel is to narrow at the rear of the box, will need to be widened.

6. do a search or pm username "kangaroosa" and he can direct you to the thread.

7. yes

8. Gtir is east west, like a front wheel drive, if you have a gtir engine then you have the wrong engine!!

I have a ke25 with an sr20 in the bay sitting at my oldies house, got sidetracked and have not got back to finish it for a few years, dig the thread out it may be of use?

There are other build threads on here, some make a custom drag link for the steering, this is unnecessary if you cut a small amount of webbing from rear of the sump.