Ke20 Corolla Ca18Det Conversion

demotorsport

HAVE YOU GOT SOME PICTURES??? I'm DOING THE SAME THING, CUT DOWN AND LAID BACK THE MOUNTS ON THE K FRAME USED SUZUKI STOCKMAN MOUNTS ($50 PAIR AND AN 1/2" ADJUSTMENT IN ALL DIRECTIONS) TO ADAPT TO CA MOUNTS. HAD TO TAKE MAJORITY OF THE FIREWALL OUT TO CLEAR THE REAR OF MOTOR AND MAKE ACCESSIBLE FOR SERVICE ETC. REPLACED THE TUNNEL WITH 1.6MM SHEET SEEM WELDED ENGINE BAY, THE INLET MANIFOLD IS GOIN TO BE TOO CLOSE TO MASTER CYLINDER. GOIN TO TRY FIT A HIACE OR SOME FORM OF VAN PEDAL BOX UNDER THE DASH SO IT WILL HAVE VACCUM ASSIST AND A HYDRAULIC CLUTCH PEDAL OTHERWISE WILWOOD REVERSE MOUNT PEDALS WITH A BIAS BAR. GOIN TO TRY PUT A CUT DOWN CRUMMYDORE DIFF IN AND THE FRONT STRUT/SUSPENSION ASWELL WITH THE VT CALIPERS. THATS MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT THERE ISNT A LOT OF INFO OUT THERE....

didnt need to touch firewall or tunnel appart from shifter hole.

made custom mounts

have same problem with clutch master and still havent bothered to fix that yet.

very intrested to see how you use the como struts as a have a vl for parts.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

665 wide x 445 high, that is external dimensions. Sounds like it will be too wide for your pipes.

jdm55 used an rx2 radiator in his ke55, considerably narrower, but needed to change the pipes.

Would fit in your ke20 for height as the ke20 has more room in that direction than the ke55.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/34454-sr20-conversion-to-ke55-plus-rebuild-plus-pimpage/page__st__480

was going to try an s13 rad..ill have to measure between the pipes..

good write up but seems like alot of work to fit that radiator and mines no show car..lol.

was going to put a honda civic aluminium radiator..close to standard ke20 size but thicker and a shrouded fan for around 150.

just thinking it may be a little small though.i have used 1 of these rads on a 4agte and seemed ok...

random question but...

on the top of the fuel tank there is like a breather hose and also another that come from engine bay and they seem to go under parcel shelf behind back seat..any idea where they go?

cause I'm going to run a pump off the drain plug and wanting to conect a return.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully built and registered one of these in New South Wales, I'm having a few dramas with the engineering signatory in my area, pics or anything would be greatly appreciated. He wants upgraded brakes and chassis connectors but when i started grilling him on whether or not it had to be vaccum assisted or how to put connectors in without cutting into the floor pan he had no idea............ started it with him saying "wont be too much of a problem" to he has no idea.

Has anyone successfully built and registered one of these in New South Wales, I'm having a few dramas with the engineering signatory in my area, pics or anything would be greatly appreciated. He wants upgraded brakes and chassis connectors but when i started grilling him on whether or not it had to be vaccum assisted or how to put connectors in without cutting into the floor pan he had no idea............ started it with him saying "wont be too much of a problem" to he has no idea.

Get it rego'd in qld and then they can't pick in it cause its not a NSW car :P, and a blue plate is like $100

• 5 weeks later...

ive got a sr20 in my ke20, not much to play with although can still work around everything.. I'm sure there wouldnt be any problems with having a ca motor as its 3/4 of the size as a sr motor..

ive got my clutch and brake booster in the engine bay..

Edited by OLD.073