1Uzfe In A Ke70

PRTOYROLLA

Members dont see this ad

I am doing this to my T18 at the moment, you will need to find a custom flywheel, bell housing/gearbox adapter as they never came out manual, you will need to make custom mounts, hydraulic gearbox pedal box if you have a ke70, bigger diff, better suspension if you want it to handle half decent, bigger brakes, alot of work in it not just engine, box and loom.

You can get away with not modding the firewall but some people like to move it back because of the added weight, modify the transmission tunnel to suit gearbox if it is anything other than a W series gearbox and even then will still probably have to cut a new hole int the floor, forgot custom tailshaft.

Works out to be very expensive conversion but I think mine should work out to be cheaper than an SR20 conversion or similar but only because I can do everything myself (other than manufacture tyres to burn, haha.)

How much of the work can you do yourself? How much money do you have to spend? Do you want to do it 100% properly or do you just want to put one in because you saw another one with one in it.

Thanks guys hopefully ill get it done soon and ill let you all see how it all turned out....

So far I've already priced out the engine,and installation and its should br around $1,500 to $2,000.

I wanna do this conversion cuz I've yet to see done on the east coast and sr20's are so common.

Edited by PRTOYROLLA

Ah- If you're not going to register it then the converson becomes much easier! You can do what you like with the firewall/tunnel for fitting a gearbox and to make everything as accessible as possible. You will need to be able to get the motor in and out easily, as I'm sure it will take many tries to get it right.

The one I saw being put into an Altezza fitted well, but the exhaust manifolds were a work of art. He had a series of bent tubes made up that slid inside one another so he could tack them together under the car, then take it all out and weld it.

So is $1500 to $2000 just for an engine or is that with an engine installed? If you go manual probably wont get much change from 2K (if not cost more) if you go auto and use the std gearbox will be cheaper just depends what you want to use it for.

Do you plan on upgrading your diff? Brakes? Suspension?

If the car is your daily then you will need to buy another car or have some other form of transport, will you be doing everything yourself or are you paying someone to do it all? If you are doing it then how much equipment do you have access to?

There is alot of work in a engine conversion, why did you choose 1UZ as well?

Thats jus the engine and trance wiring and ecu,I'm still looking around to see if I can get a cheaper set up,and yes I'm in the process of upgrading the brakes and suspension. Yea I'm gonna get another car to drive and I have a friend that has a shop and has all the tools I need, I know its gonna be alot of work but I'm willing to deal with it. I choose this build due to the fact that not many people in the states have it done.

Ah you live in the states thought you where in australia. I got a whole car with 160000KMS on it for $1200 I pulled the engine out myself and am now selling off all the other bits and pieces so should work out to be a free engine or maybe even get some money back.

Looks very easy to make mounts they are a very simple looking mount, there are actually quite a few of these that have been done in Australia now on ke70's and AE86's as well.