22R Carb On 3T Engine?

IWannaCorolla

Hello all -

I'm thinkin' about buying my friends '78 'rolla with a 3t in it. I really like the car, only problem is he installed a bigger cam without swapping a higher CFM carb on it, and now it runs poorly. Now my question is, is it possible to put a 22r carb. on the 3t engine? Will this help at all? My research tells me the 22r's stock CFM is ~325 CFM, which should be enough, right?

Sorry if this topics been brought up before, I've been searchin' but couldn't find anything...

Members dont see this ad

If you have access to a 22R carb, and it fits. It wont hurt to try. Better to have a little too much fuel than not enough, especially in a warm/worked motor.

Right, that's what i was thinking, too. Buddy who's selling it has access to about three 22r carbs. that are just laying round his shop haha. Anyone know if an adapter is needed?

Well it won't hurt, but for the cost of an adapter plate, you could buy something you can jet to suit.

It will run, but not as good as it could. If you going to make the effort, do it logically. there is a lot more to a carburettor than just air.

• 3 months later...

If you have access to a 22R carb, and it fits. It wont hurt to try. Better to have a little too much fuel than not enough, especially in a warm/worked motor.

erm.. any suggestion to make a little much fuel to support the carb? coz mine seems to be that problem.. my old 2t a/c pump was out of service..now using e/motor pump..