Rt80 Corona 12R 5 Speed

glenpos

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Do you still have the bike carbs and manifold?/want to sell them? I want to do something like that to mine now, but I wouldn't know where to start with making a custom manifold...

I'm about to start making a manifold for my carbs off an FZR1000, I'll wait for you Simon so I have someone to annoy haha. I think I've annoyed Glen enough about the carbs ;)

not too sure if i wanna sell them, still in 2 minds about using them, they need a good go over, and the manifold isn't great, to be honest you are probs better off getting a set of 750cc - 1000cc carbs and making a manifold to suit, mine are too small, i only did mine to see if it worked, it was before i had seen anyone else doing it, so it was just to test out that it worked, then i waqs going to re do it properly, just gotten lazy and building the vt racecar is taking all my time and money....

i cut up an old towbar for the manifold plates, then cut up some old extractors, drilled the port holes out the use a file to get the right shape, then cut up the extractors and welded the extractor pipes on, but welds are crap and ports are crap, and the carbs used to overflow petrol everywhere, but i think i good fuel pressure regulator would take care of that

thats sounds cool, i wanna put a 18r in mine, mates got one in a hilux, just wasn't sure if it would fit, i have to get a different gearbox, might do it though, and i pulled the plates off my firewall the other day and painted them and the wiper motor, will put a pic up sometime today, and cleaned all the crap out from inside there, also changed dizzy too, and greased the front end, just nothing exiting....

heres a few pics..

before.

post-15067-0-46560000-1363645440_thumb.jpg

after.

post-15067-0-66162900-1363645468_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-87002500-1363645494_thumb.jpg

can't wait to paint the engine bay green, will look so much better :yes:

and my 7x10 kenwoods i got out of my dads old road car sound good, only just fit

post-15067-0-24388400-1363645528_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-66700700-1363645572_thumb.jpg

don't mind the dirtiness....

Edited by glenpos

My engine bay looks awful. Might take your idea and re-paint removable things like that.

Getting a new water pump tonight and gonna have a go at putting some 18R valve springs in because they're the closest I've found so far. Check my thread later tonight or tomorrow for updates :)

yeah, its gonna get cleaned up and painted green, motor painted etc one day, just not at the moment, yeah the speakers sound good, i don't listen to it much but still cool to have, you should post a few more pics of yours up :)