January 8, 201214 yr comment_576144 Hi guys, Has any one done mods to thier fwd rolla with a 4ac..... Having trouble finding a good twin cam ... answers\ advice much appreciated! Report
January 8, 201214 yr comment_576145 Everyone will say its not worth the money spent bla bla 4age is king bla bla , but there was a very nice supercharger 4ac ke70 in the rides thread and I thought that was impressive ! Report
January 8, 201214 yr Author comment_576147 Hmmmm, Does any one know of weber manifolds for them Report
January 8, 201214 yr comment_576149 Hmmmm, Does any one know of weber manifolds for them Available at any good performance or auto shop. I turbocharged my 4a-c years ago with N13 pulsar injection setup, made a huge difference. Lots of custom handmade shit, and not the most reliable setup for the small power increase. I wouldnt bother again. Report
January 8, 201214 yr comment_576154 It's the same as any engine.....get air in and get it out. 4ac-powered.forumotion.com/ This had some good info, though I don't recall it all being private.. Report
January 8, 201214 yr comment_576243 Nothing wrong with a 4ac, if the one in the mrs car didn't let go then I would still have one in there, best upgrade is a set of extractors (can be quite costly for them and rare, only set I have seen IRL was a set I had), another carby if you think it is necessary as the one on them is fairly good and give it a good service - plugs, fuel filter, air filter, oil and filter. Also check out the ignition leads, cap and rotor to make sure they look good, another thing to look at (if you have the standard air filter) is to see if the cold air intake switch is working, when the engine is cold vacuum is applied to the cold air intake valve on the filter intake, the air filter then takes warm air from the hot box on the exhaust to aid in cold starts, when it (the engine) warms up the switch 'should' close up and allow the valve to bring in cool air. Get the engine up to temp and pull the vacuum hose off and see if it is sucking, if it is then the switch is buggered. Let me know if you are unsure what I am talking about and I will post up a pic. Report
January 9, 201214 yr Author comment_576491 Thanks for the replys... Any one done twin solexs or weber on this engine in a fwd rolla? Report
January 12, 201214 yr comment_577104 Ive only seen one 4ac with twin sidedrafts and it was a custom made manifold for it. I don't think you can get them off the shelf. Edited January 12, 201214 yr by philbey Report
January 19, 201214 yr comment_578663 There is heaps of fun to be had if you willing and willing to spend the time and $$ Extractors are near impossible to get, we started making them before we put in a different motor, for the short term we stripped back the factory manifold removed the butterfly valve and welded it shut. You can get side draught manifolds in Japan (I still have mine, including matching tuned dellortos etc, well for that matter the whole motor still :D) We had a blast, got some good power from it overall. It is a job of patience and time (love) Know heaps about it, so feel free to ask questions, we rallied ours, have a look on youtube.com/jesusrallysport for some videos and check out jesusrallysport.com for pics from the engine build Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now