Cleaning Paint

drkbrth

Ok, so.. as i get in my car this morning to leave for work, i get a rude good morning by my interior covered in black paint. I keep a box of spray paint in my car (so i can go tag your houses, obviously) and in that box, i had my trusty tin of Nite Shades. Drunk me, on saturday night was pulling that tin out to show a friend what i used to tint taillights etc, and forgot to put the some tins back into the box, in the boot. So yeah, i have a car covered in black paint. Windows, seats, doors, hood lining, and carpet.

Ill be uploading pictures for some good lols, as i am sure many of you will enjoy my pain.

Anyone got any advice on what to use to get it as close to perfect as possible?

Not too worried about the seats, as i planned to get them re-upholstered in the near future.

Members dont see this ad

Turps seems to be working fine on the windows and plastics. On the top of the door trim, there's a softer plastic part, the paint doesnt seem to want to dry on it. Not sure if i should attempt to attack it with turps as well.

Also, does anyone know of any good upholsterers in the Brisbane area?

Obvious point of lift-off. Small chunk taken out of plastic, must have made quite some noise.

screenshot20120109at801.png

screenshot20120109at805.png

screenshot20120109at807.png

Hole in the seat

screenshot20120109at809.png

Hole in the front passanger seat, THROUGH my momo seat covers (lol@momo)

screenshot20120109at810.png

Theres a few parts i didn't take pictures of, like the carpet, more hood-lining & the pillars.

My brother-in-law is a spray painter by trade, and told me to pop around his after work tomorrow, apparently he has something to take all the paint from the fabric & vinyl with ease.

Enjoy.

Had a soft drink can do this while I was driving. Scared the shit outa me as I was overtaking a car at the time, and BOOOM. First thought was that I blew the old girl up. Took ages to clean the soft drink out of the vents and the stereo etc.