Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black Top 20 Valve

Featured Replies

I have just purchased a corolla with a blacktop 20 valve 4wd , not knowing too much about them I would like to know if anyone might know what might cause a noise I have from I think the engine. It does not sound like a bearing noise more like a growling whirring noise increases with engine revs. It's a little bit hard to explain exactly kind of sound.

I have just purchased a corolla with a blacktop 20 valve 4wd , not knowing too much about them I would like to know if anyone might know what might cause a noise I have from I think the engine. It does not sound like a bearing noise more like a growling whirring noise increases with engine revs. It's a little bit hard to explain exactly kind of sound.

Ahhh, you mean that funny noise, yeah i know the one. don't know what it is though.

What model corolla have you got? I am asuming someone has done the 20 valve conversion? If you think its the donk poke your head under the bonnet and give it a rev? If you want help, go into a bit more detail dude, or maybe throw up a vid if you can.

Unless you're better with words than Shakespeare, you haven't a hope of getting us to imagine the noise you're hearing.

 

The only answer is-

throw up a vid if you can.

 

Is it a Tercel? with its three whiny diffs??

Is it a Tercel? with its three whiny diffs??

I had wondered an AE95 perhaps. Id like to see it either way :yes:

it might help if you post your location, then someone local could assist. I'm in Ipswich Qld, and will happily look/listen for free. i fix this stuff all day long

Have a rattle?

 

Sounds like the common 20v vvt solenoid.

Have a rattle?

 

Sounds like the common 20v vvt solenoid.

 

yep, very common problem. sounds likely it will be this.

a strange growling noise that increases with revs? coming from the engine?

 

probably the quad throttle bodies doing what they do best...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.