Do Any Wheels Fit Properly?

Funky_J

Hi

I'm new to the forum and want to learn more about the Corollas. I used to own an AE82 seca with a 4AGZE.

Enough intro. I now own my second Corolla and am finding it hard to find wheels that fit properly. Its an 11 model Ascent Sport. I think the PCD is 5 x 114.3.

Does anyone know what offset wheels are going to fit to sit flush with the guards? I think if it were 8" wide then a +20 would work but the rear guards sit out further than the fronts by the looks. If anyone has knowledge of what will fit to sit flush front and rear and where to buy then your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Does anyone have any knowledge of the right offset/size wheels to look good and sit even with the guards? My search of wheel and tyre shops keeps leading me to +35 and +45 wheels. it seems a 3 piece wheel may be needed? Any help would be great.

rememebr that offset means nothing witout width.

find out what your standard wheels are (width and offset)

then work out how much more agressive you want to go using this:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

5x114.3 is a very common size, usually for RWD, but also for FWD and AWD (subaru AWD went to 114.3 in the last few yrs)

somethign like this perhaps 17*7 5x114.3 +43.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Buddy-Club-P1-Racing-Wheels-17-x-7-43-5x114-3-HG-1-/260813069336?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb9ab9c18

also make sure you take into account the centre bore, might need to get some adaptor type rings to make them sit well.

best bet would be to march into your local wheel shop, get them to suggest a size of aftermarket wheel. then see how agressive that sits using the above calculator, and buy something online to your specs;)

Thanks for the replies. I have been to quite a few wheel shops and it seems none want to help, just sell what they have. A 7 inch wide wheel is plenty wide. The factory alloys are 6.5 inches wide. The shops I have been to have been useless so thought I would ask you guys.

Thanks