love ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking to a few people the other day about this and i was informed the IWMAC hires out its autocross circuit for a day for a reasonable price. (I was told in the vicinity of $300 a day yet to be confirmed though.) Now this track is good fun. It has two different layouts. THe only problem i can see is that it is a dirt track but for old rolla's dirt is more fun anyway? In my opinion it is unless you are running something other than a k motor. If your interested i can find out some more information.

The story I was told about Darlington Park:-

We hired the skid pan there one day for a drift event. They made us hire a water truck and constantly wet it down. They said it all made too much noise and could never happen again.

The owner was hoping for V8 super cars, but the council denied permission to have race events at the track, so he put a very thin layer of bitumen on the track. He then allowed a small number of club events, with street exhausts only.

Apparently the owner died, the son got ownership, but gave in to pressure and sold off the track for housing development.

Thats what I was told by a MCHC member, don't know how true any of it is.

We hired Lakeside driver training centre a few years ago twice, Shane organised it, took him months. Council kept bitching and said they would do sound checks. They never turned up.

It cost around $2000 or $2500 for a day, has a decent round about and all, awsome fun.

Unfortunately, some dickhead did a burnout out the front, the driver training guy got the sack and no one was alound to hire it again. Wish we could but. You could try.

As for the track, a month ago the council managed to over turn the heritage listing (first time in history) so it was removed from the register, paving the way for the council to demolish it. The council says they wont destroy it yet and may alow some club racing on it (sure).

I spoke to Mayor Cambell Newman and he assured me that there is no, and never will be a place for motorsport in the district of Brisbane, He said go to QLD raceway instead.

Thats how to keep hoons off the street - ban them not give them somewhere to go. Wonder what would happen if golf was illegal and we took all the golf courses?

Checkout LMRE for more info on Lakeside.

yeah if u visit the lakeside website theyre interesting info on there, that like no one has been allowed to race their since 2001 or somethin :P

and anyway, the council are currently taking expressions of interest from companies wanting to hire lakeside, these close in january and then they will be looked at by the council and something will come of it.

i like to think that they will get it up and running, qld raceway is just shit. seriously even when you read about it not knowing what it looks like it sounds shit. bloody morons they are :rocknroll:

government = large group of overspending mental f@$ktards

i reckon lakeside will open again...one day

and its just councils bowing to public pressure coz they wanna stay in office, if uve been to darlington park, u prob know where the motocross track is just a bit up the road, i live just near there, but closer to darlington, and on the other side of the hill, the side on darlingtons side one of my best mates lives, and the noise really wasnt that bad, pisses me off so much now that i wanna use it knowin that my mates mum was the leader in the fight against the place :@

lol if my 1g blows ill cry

r u on the list yet foxtail? ill check, if ur not ill go add you :harhar:

bout a hundred is the max id wanna pay to...have to see what happens tho

catch

ur on it now mate :dance:

10 people...we need more :)