Ke Diff Ratios

Jono.C

G'day i'm just about to go about doing the diff on the ke10, it's a jap diff and it could be an auto ratio because the car was auto originally.

I'll be putting in ke30/55 jap axles for the 4x114.3. I'll be running a k50 along with it and in my experience i've always found the k50 to be pretty short in the gears for my liking, so i was contemplating swapping in another diff centre while it's apart to lengthen it out as much as possible.

Now does anyone one know A; A stock ke10's diff ratio, and B; The lowest Ke diff ratio i can swap in and if it's worth it

Any info or advice would be Overrated, Cheers!

Edit. Oh For Fck Sake M.I.N.T >| :lolcry:

Edited by Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

The k motors short ratio's are good. you'll still sit around 3 grand on a hundred unless you go long in which you'll sacrifice any performance in the name of economy.

I've got a '00 Holden Ashtray 1.8L 5sp for example.: 1st-long 50kph, 2nd-short 80kph, 3rd-short 120kph, 4th-short 160kph, 5th-long 210kph :cool: . @ 5,500rpm peak changes. Yet 100kph in 5th gear is 3000rpm

The '04 Camry Tivo 2.4L 5sp for example: 1st-short 40kph, 2nd-short 80kph, 3rd-long 160kph, 4th-long at 200kph and haven't been past there..... 6000rpm peak changes :o but still 2900rpm at 100kph in 5th.

YOU WILL USE HOW MUCH FUEL WE TELL YOU TO USE!!!"Oil Barons..."

Edited by GJM85

According to the owner manual, KE1x final drive was 4.222 in the sedans and presumably coupe, and 4.444 in a wagon. No mention of any variation for an auto.

KE2x was the same, with additional info that the 4.444 was optional in a sedan. A later owner manual notes that the 4.444 was found in Toyoglide sedans & coupes. There was a 4.1 in the 1400cc which presumably you won't find here.

According to the owner manual, KE1x final drive was 4.222 in the sedans and presumably coupe, and 4.444 in a wagon. No mention of any variation for an auto.

KE2x was the same, with additional info that the 4.444 was optional in a sedan. A later owner manual notes that the 4.444 was found in Toyoglide sedans & coupes. There was a 4.1 in the 1400cc which presumably you won't find here.

:yes: they had the B series jap 5.7" diffheads.

U-series 6" jap diffheads will fit in housing and on axelsplines tho.

They came in late kp61 (3.4/3.5), late ke2, ke3 and ke7s. also AL25?

More ratios available than the B-series.

Australia however had borg warner diffs in later KEs, don't know from exactly when.