Lpg 7Age Turbo!!

shayden

hey all rolla fans, i hav a 1982 toyota corolla better knwn as a ke70, my plans with car hav changed alot over the past couples years owning it.... only after buying it did i know what people were using them for.

At first i was goin for a cheap but powerful engine swap a ecotec 3.8 v6 manual was goin to power the little corolla. after doing research i saw alot of people were using 5k's and 4ages as quick and easy swap. i then bought my self a nice little bigport 4age with a t50.

after a while of it sitting in the shed, i pulled it down and found it culd do with new pistons thats were i decided to go 7age with a little t25 for a little extra grunt.

ive collected alot of little goodies for the build, and now going straight gas, no tunning issues or injectors problems to worry bout.

the gas set up will be the simple gas research, dizzy will be converted back to vac... with the line from from the turbo into the gas converter to open it up under boost... and a retard unit to the dizzy to retard under boost, and advance under normal driving.

few pictures :)

post-12275-0-23167700-1328427960_thumb.jpg

post-12275-0-32057100-1328426975_thumb.jpg

post-12275-0-63971600-1328428127_thumb.jpg

post-12275-0-02720100-1328428252_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Why a t25? Sure a ca18det was 1.8 but a t25g or t28 can be had for not much more..

ive thort bout the t28 but kept comin back to othe 25 due to its fast spool up rate... always looked at the wrx turbos td04 i think ? havnt bought the turbo yet so options still open

also, that dizzy sounds overly complexed. why not run the normal dizzy (or 4agze cas) with an ignition only computer? would be more easily adjustable and a lot more accurate.

ive had a look for them only thing i could find was quad spark but not sure how that works.. wuld i need to use a ecu or? cas or just the dizyy and a module

thanks

Normally you could use your 4age ecu and just use the ign side of things, but in this case it wouldnt be wise as the factory ecus arent tunable. Aftermarket ign only ecus are cheap, tunable and you could even use the aux outputs to run the gas solenoids and shit. If you got a full fuel and ign ecu you could do the same, and not use the fuel side of things, then if you got serious and got lpg injection you could use the same ecu to run that.

With the turbos. 4ages are a naturally really revvy engine. If chuck a too smaller turbo on it (ie td04), you will have ok torque down low but it will be strangled up high. I still stand by the t28/rb20 t03s as a minimim. They should be good for 180ish kw atw.

I tried that website bit hard to use on iphone, shall try at homee.., i may look into gettin a megasquirt as there cheap and easy to tune.. Itll be a good idea to hav the fuel side if eva i wanted to run fuel or DI, would u know the spool up rpm on a t2871? Any chance

Cheers :)

Cool fella, LPG is highly overlooked - I've gone down the 3K N/A Impco LPG route myself with good economy results. There have been a few people who are using Bosch 4K dizzys and making an adapter to mate the 4k dizzy and #A-GE motors together. The benefit of the Bosch dizzy is the interchangeable parts, I'm sure you should be able to get a boost retard \ vacuum advance module, you can run twin points set ups, electronic set ups.

I think I am going to subscribe to this thread.

Cool fella, LPG is highly overlooked - I've gone down the 3K N/A Impco LPG route myself with good economy results. There have been a few people who are using Bosch 4K dizzys and making an adapter to mate the 4k dizzy and #A-GE motors together. The benefit of the Bosch dizzy is the interchangeable parts, I'm sure you should be able to get a boost retard \ vacuum advance module, you can run twin points set ups, electronic set ups.

I think I am going to subscribe to this thread.

mmmm i was thinking of using the 4k dizzy just not sure, will it hold up ok with the extra load... and yeah i neva thort id go with gas but after my mate showed me his xf turbo on straight gas it looked so simple to set up and tune i didnt wanna evn think about petrol.

just need gas cashhhh to fund my little baby now damn apprentice wagers :abuse:

called up spool today 495 for rods doesnt sound tooo bad, also will be takin my head and block to get finished off at james race engine's(anyone heard of them?) on the 21st :) moreee cashhh :bash:

also going for my bday drift day on sunday :) 16 laps in either 2 race built cars a holden v8 or ford, and a wrx or a evo 8 laps in each. going to be in heaven :rolla:

Edited by shayden

I used to use james race engines (engine action) when i worked at city chrysler 6years ago. Hedley is a bit wierd, and they are expensive, but they do good work.

Sorry to be blunt.. But don't ʞ©$ɟ around with old 4k shit on a 4age. Just use the original distributor, a decent aftermarket ignition (not megasquirt) and a GRA gas throttle body. That way it will make good power, be easy to tune and will be reliable. this is by far the easiest (and around the same price as the dodgier methods) way to go