Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah she'll be right. monster cam in it with headwork to suit

gonna run in the cam with 98+ octane booster

jelly?

post-8435-0-50747500-1329910624_thumb.jpgpost-8435-0-85851900-1329910626_thumb.jpg

Haha damn EVan that looks nice. What carby setup you/he running?

I need to get some 6cc-8cc pistons for sure. Might have to do some research, because i want to run my 4K worked head to suit the cam it was suited for.

The 5K i just picked up came with the D dished pistons, so i definitely will need to change them. I'm taking the 5K and everything to the old mans work shop tomorrow. Might measure the head capacity difference between the 4 and 5K's if i get a chance.

she'll be running a 32/36. the 5k you bought was that dpb's by any chance?ive also found that 5k heads have alot less casting marks in the ports compaired to a 3k/4k head

Oh yeah nice.

Nah it was 308_rolla's.

Alright i'll have a look today and post a picture up.

That would be good if you can Jordy-Get a 4K and both 5Ks so we can put it up in the Wiki.

I'll take a picture aswell, as i might not have time to emasure up. Or the stuff required.

Cheers.

Alright update.

The 4K head combustion chamber is ridiculously larger than the 5K head i have. I don't see me ever using the 4K head, on this engine. I don't have the measurements, but just by eye, i can tell theres a shit load of difference.

Anyone recommend the solid lifter conversion for the 5K head? with a reground 5K cam to suit...?

Or how much are aftermarket shallow top pistons for a 5K bore?

Also i've noticed just by eye, as i don't have a vernier caliper here, that the intake ports on the 5K head are a shitload bigger than the 4K head. To be expected....? (excuse my learning)

I can measure them for you Jordy if you need. Got all the stuff at work to do it.

Stu.

That would be kinda good actually. Where abouts are you in sth east? Or where do you work?

Cheers.

So.. you must have the deep-dish "D" pistons with a tiny combustion chamber in the head.

The shallow-dish "O" pistons you're thinking of buying will go with your 4K head.

The ports can afford to be bigger as they are flowing 1500cc instead of 1300. The 4K will port out if needed. Check the valve diameters.

I think the valve springs are interchangeable. Philbey or Evan will know for sure.

So.. you must have the deep-dish "D" pistons with a tiny combustion chamber in the head.

The shallow-dish "O" pistons you're thinking of buying will go with your 4K head.

The ports can afford to be bigger as they are flowing 1500cc instead of 1300. The 4K will port out if needed. Check the valve diameters.

I think the valve springs are interchangeable. Philbey or Evan will know for sure.

Yeah deep dish D pistons in block, and shallow 5K head.

Yeah that's what i thought, cool. The $k head is ported in the exhaust, and a frack in the intake. I will have to check valve diameters.

Yeah that would be good. I need push rods as well if i'm running the hydro lifters.

Cheers.

Anyone recommend the solid lifter conversion for the 5K head? with a reground 5K cam to suit...?

Or how much are aftermarket shallow top pistons for a 5K bore?

That would be kinda good actually. Where abouts are you in sth east? Or where do you work?

Cheers.

I'd recomend with the large chamber 4K head, the chev lifter and A12 pushrod combo. Get in contact with the guys from "Clive cams" in the lyllidale area(he doesn't have a website) they are more than happy to custom grind the 4K cam for your application.

I supplied Stu(Tommyske11) his rebuild kit for Tommy's 5K can't remember what they were priced at(but was cheap) off the top of my head I'll try to dig up the invoice tonight.

I work in Dandenong. Are you coming to the all jap day?

Stu.

I'd recomend with the large chamber 4K head, the chev lifter and A12 pushrod combo. Get in contact with the guys from "Clive cams" in the lyllidale area(he doesn't have a website) they are more than happy to custom grind the 4K cam for your application. I supplied Stu(Tommyske11) his rebuild kit for Tommy's 5K can't remember what they were priced at(but was cheap) off the top of my head I'll try to dig up the invoice tonight. I work in Dandenong. Are you coming to the all jap day? Stu.

Alright, hat seems easy enough. Can you buy the chev lifters new. Cool sounds good. So i'd need to get the 4K cam that has definitely already be ground again? o suit the chev lifters etc?

What comes in the rebuild kit? Would be great to find out how much that is.

Not too far away then. Yeah i'll be there until about 12.... About that are the rollaclub guys meeting anywhere to roll in together?

just a thought 5k with d dish piston s 4k head meant for flat top pistons would lower the compression would it make it really good for a turbo? :)

Yeah i thought that too, but i'm not really interested in a turbo, as i'm not familiar and that's just another thing that can go wrong.

What comes in the rebuild kit? Would be great to find out how much that is.

Not too far away then. Yeah i'll be there until about 12....

Rebuild kit comes with : Pistons, gudeon pins, circlips, rings, all bearings(main, big end, little end and cam) and a full gasket kit. Pretty much everything you need for a freshen up.

I'll be at the all jap day until about 11:30. Then I've got to drop the old mans mate back home. I can come back to dandy if you want those heads measured? The factory is about a minute away from the showgrounds.

Rebuild kit comes with : Pistons, gudeon pins, circlips, rings, all bearings(main, big end, little end and cam) and a full gasket kit. Pretty much everything you need for a freshen up.

I'll be at the all jap day until about 11:30. Then I've got to drop the old mans mate back home. I can come back to dandy if you want those heads measured? The factory is about a minute away from the showgrounds.

Oh yeah that sounds like it'd be pretty expensive then.

Oh well i have work at 1 on Sunday, so that could be a problem. But we should be able to work something out.

Considering supercharged 5K. Thoughts?

Anyone got one suitable.