February 26, 201214 yr comment_586760 Hey I have a 75 corolla wagon and need to know if you can repair the fuel gage sender, the resistance winding broke just want to know if you can re wind them or where to by another one.Thanks Edited February 26, 201214 yr by 75rollawagon Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_586789 honestly, i have nfi regarding rewinding it, mate. id suggest trying a wrecker and getting a 2nd hand sender? my local wrecker has a wagon, that model, and I'm sure i saw the tank still in it. bit hard with you in canada tho. try your local wreckers over there, mate Edited February 26, 201214 yr by nerfbat Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_586798 Tough one.. no-one repairs electrics these days, but your best bet is some retired electrician who used to work on electric motors. Try a few appliance repair places and ask if they know any retired guys, and some industrial electric motor repairers. I'm sure they can be rewound easily enough, you just need the wire and the knowledge. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_586892 There are a couple of specialist instrument companies I know of, but being 20,000km away they're not much good for you. I reckon you would have a good chance of finding one, look for someone who specialises in instruments for the hot rod scene. Lots of those guys will run 70 year old gauge setups in their cars. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_586905 Try this guy. He`s parting out his te38 in U.S http://www.3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11652 Report
February 26, 201214 yr Author comment_586908 Thanks I'm gonna try this shop that rebuilds altenators and other electrical components. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_586910 They might need this info on sender unit : Float position full = 3 ohm +- 2ohm Float position half= 32.5 ohm +- 5ohm Float position empty = 110 ohm +- 8 ohm Report
February 27, 201214 yr comment_586932 you could carefully braize/solder it back together. your resistance might be slightly out now, but i reckon it would be close. also companies like VDO sell gineric fuel senders, pending the resistance range you might need to use an aftermarket guage though. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now