My 'Rolla Is Squealing

Token

G'day guys,

Just after a few more idea's.

Basically, my ke30 Squeals like a pig (if said pig was made of steel and the road was paved with blackboard) under HEAVY braking (read 98% of the way to lockup) and calm down, it was under track conditions.

It gets worse as it heats up, but its not brake drums/shoes /pads or rotors. (how do I know this? I replaced everything 2 weeks ago, didn't solve the squeal, but it needed to be done anyway.)

I'm currently thinking potentially backing plates, but these are on the front and the noise really does sound like its coming from the back.

Anyone got anything that might help me solve this. I have an entire 3 day weekend, and my ears are tired of bleeding.

Cheers,

Token

Members dont see this ad

Its not the car squealing, its the road crying........ ;)

Used to be able to by a special paste to put of the back of the pads to help reduce the noise, but if it is from the rear, this wouldnt work. Your drums arent glazed are they????? Run some emery paper over the shoes and inside of the drums to rough them up a bit to see if that helps.

Or just wear earplugs.

Edited by coln72

So you have replaced the brake drums & shoes, and the pads & rotors... Those are all the parts that rub together under braking.

How about part of the body or suspension that moves when you get nose-dive under heavy brake?

Does something move so it can rub on a rotating part?? A stone in behind the rotor?? No, you would've seen anything like that when you changed it all.

Handbrake cable? I assume the tail lifts as the nose dives.

Anti-squeal paste. Give it a crack.

The orange stuff from Ford works best... A you'd expect, as every single Falcon squeals like a stuck pig under brakes.

That's a lie... Mine doesn't and has never, so :P .hahaha, check your swaybar mounts and shocks