Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turbo 3K Ke30 Dies Under Load

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I had an accelerator pump go and it wasn't just a second of trouble, it was damn near impossible to drive. Come on too hard and it would just stall, you had to ease throttle on very very slowly.

Posted Images

  • Author

Sorry man I just read my comment and realised it looks liike I'm being rude haha, I diddnt mean to come across like that lmao. I could just see if i diddnt make it clear that people would just keep teling me to clean carby lol..

I will hunt around tommorrow at wreckers for a carby and see if i can get a result...

You're right, you should see a jet of fuel squirting down the carb throat.

 

Just pull the pump jet apart and check the diaphram and drillings etc until you find out why.

 

It could be your problem, but it only makles a difference for about 1second , as you actually push the throttle down, and after that its up to the main jet. So if your motor dies for longer than that its probably not the pump jet causing it.

 

Still, easy enough to fix and see....

Sorry man I just read my comment and realised it looks liike I'm being rude haha, I diddnt mean to come across like that lmao. I could just see if i diddnt make it clear that people would just keep teling me to clean carby lol..

I will hunt around tommorrow at wreckers for a carby and see if i can get a result...

 

Haha, All good mate :thumbsup:

 

Look forward to seeing it all running right. What does it go like? In comparison to something like late model V8 commodore/falcons and XR6T's?

Edited by SLO-030

  • Author

I havnt really raced many people in it lol, My friend had a vt ss and I smashed him up to 110 kph then he passed me, and i ate my friends ford laser turbo with the 1.8 dohc..I don't really expect it to be insane quck but i can tell you that t breaks traction way to easy lol not that i do that...lol i just fitted new seats and tidied up dash yesterday..ill post pic

post-15446-0-47713700-1330900016_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Does anyone have a carby i can buy of them?

jase I'd have anotehr look at your accelerator pump if I were you.

 

In the photo here (brand-new from China carbs!) the lower arrow is on the throttle and moves upwards, and the upper arrow is on the accelerator pump and pushes it downwards.

 

YOu should see a jet of fuel going into the throat just at the venturi. If you don't, then pull that pump arm off and take the piston out. There is a ball bearing in a housing in the base that acts as a one-way valve, and that ball will get stuck in the evaporated goop when the car is left for a few weeks. Also, the piston is made of some flexible plastic that will shrink when dried out.

 

I got a 5ml plastic syringe and pumped petrol through there when I had it stripped. If you can't get a jet of fuel to come out into the throat then something is not working.

post-7544-0-45068400-1330909806_thumb.jpg

I had an accelerator pump go and it wasn't just a second of trouble, it was damn near impossible to drive. Come on too hard and it would just stall, you had to ease throttle on very very slowly.

 

agreed. accelerator pump is really the only thing that keeps up with fuel addition on ANY change in acceleration.

 

if you arent seeing any fuel being squirted in when you pump the accel, id say you need to fix that asap. either the accel pump jet is blocked, or the accel pump piston isnt sealing and pumping fuel.

 

i know you said you cleaned the carb already, but the symptoms you describe to me point to the accel pump.

  • Author

ok so my carby looks a bit different to that one in the pic..iv taken my carb off n il post pics

  • Author

heres my carby, looks similar..but heaps differnt lol hmm..any suggestions on what to do now?

post-15446-0-61811400-1330912957_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-26278700-1330912989_thumb.jpg

  • Author

if it helps it also has ASIAN stampped on it and 750 stamped also

Lol the accelerator pump has been blocked off completely. It's basically the exact same carb as the one in altezzaclubs post but yours is missing

a few bolt on bits.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.