Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Budget Drift Car Project

Featured Replies

Lol, yeah man, I'm not here for an argument. I'd much rather throw my Keto around too. :D

  • Replies 61
  • Views 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Opening a can of worms here but my ls1 vk doesnt handle like a boat nor is it auto with a locker atleast its not a statesman or fairlane haha

  • Ok il agree vn = definate bogan sled at the end of the day id stil rather throw around my 800kg kesev to :)

Posted Images

I have thrown keto's around before and now have a manual ef falcon and would much prefer to hang the falcons tail out rather than a ke70, I guess you could say I've grown up and a falcon IMHO is a big ke70 :P hahaha

 

And you can get just as good handling out of a falcon as you can from a keto(maybe not as much lock for sideways movement) but still a set of lowered springs and swaybars, wider wheels will be a massive improvement over a standard setup, and still have a heap more poke than a 70 hahaha

 

I just hang around to help people out with my knowledge from what I have learnt playing with corollas

Keep hanging out. Knowledge shared is knowledge gained. By me! :P haha. Seriously though, I just don't dig them. And I'd rather have a lighter car for sliding. Personal preference. Don't think I want to deal with more inertia (Chasers, Soarers whatever etc) just yet. Haven't even learnt to slide in a Keto let alone a falcon but I know which one I'd choose. :)

Any car can handle well, but it all depends on the driver really. I can drive a 2.4L 04 camry reasonably quick over the mountains around here.

I've just seen and heard of too many people crashing Commodores ( on stock suspension ) because they think they're racecars. Had friends die because of it too. Heard of many other people around here crashing cars doing something silly and surprise, surprise, they were in Commodores and Falcons. Yeah, sure 80 percent of it was inexperienced drivers' at fault but if they had have been in a car with half the weight on the same corners...They may not have been able to correct whatever went wrong but at the least, I think a few of them would have survived. From my experience with them, I don't think young people should be allowed to drive them. They may have a better safety rating than a Corolla or whatever else but a 5 star ancap rating doesn't mean s**t when you roll a car at 80-100 kmh. We could all discuss how this car is better than that car because of whatever reason but for me, it's just personal preference. You won't see me driving a Commodore unless I absolutely have to. Got nothing against people that drive them but my opinion remains that it is a large, family car and shouldn't be used as anything else.

 

Just an opinion, nothing more. Not trying to insult or attack Commodore/Falcon drivers

I agree its all personal preference, but in the eyes of a copper a lowered falcon will go past them without raising an eyebrow asmuch as lowered keto would :D that's why I own a falcon.

 

Don't get me wrong I love ke70's but the ones I have owned always bring to much hassle with the law compared to the falcons I have owned, I even had an argument with someone on here in my cars build thread, falcon VS ke70 and we both brought valid points but at the end of the day, you need to spend more in a ke70 to get it to do what a falcon will for half that amount.... That's my logic, spend 5k on a 4age conversion alone then you need to up the brakes and up the suspension to follow, so say if you do it right the 1st time say 10k max for a well setup ke70(brakes,suspension, 4age blah blah blah) right...... Well 3k buys you a full turbo kit for a falcon you just need to make the exhaust, then slotted rotors are like $300 off egay, zorst anywhere upto $700, swaybars are like $250 each, decent springs and shocks $500 max, manual conversion if not already manual $500 still coming in a heap faster and cheaper already and will do it better IMHO.... but that's me what can ya do.

 

People will argue and carry on defending ke's saying its not that expensive blah blah blah, either way 10k should have you a well setup car :P hahahaha

 

 

OT - original poster how's the car coming along

  • Author

the cars going to plan just ripped out the old fuel tank got a fuel cell on the way also just got my new hydro handbrake well be getting the fittings for that soon, started some repairs on the better of the rust spots, waiting for a qoute on some custom suspension set up(all round) but other then that its been pretty slow(not enuf cash atm)

post-15682-0-97089300-1331424422_thumb.jpg

post-15682-0-85550100-1331424488_thumb.jpg

  • Author

just a quick question bout adj. camber tops will ae86 tops work on my keto or do i have to get custom made???

Mine should be only 10k all up for it including the 1uz conversion, thats full race trim, full cage everything.

just a quick question bout adj. camber tops will ae86 tops work on my keto or do i have to get custom made???

 

I'm sure they work man you may have to elongate a hole or two but I've seen them work in keto's before

Edited by SLW42

  • Author

thats true so simple even a moron like me can fit them

yeah, but speaking from experience, you'd be wasting your time with keto stuff...

 

best off getting ae86 setup, even if you run just struts (not coilovers) with decent shocks and springs, you'll be miles ahead...

 

I'm running ae86 jdm brakes, hubs etc, BC gold coilovers, 40mm roll center adjusters and longer control arms.. great setup, plus full customizability

 

also, whilst ae86 items are a straight swap, not sure if 86 camber tops would work with ke70 struts..

Edited by cicca_294

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.