Going Through The Pits

jordan101

I've been told i need togo through the Pits at Vicroads to get rego on my corona as i bought it unregistered. Just wondering if anyone who's been through this before could give me some hints at what they may look at just to help my chances of getting through. Passed RWC less than 2 weeks ago and already fixed all the rust (properly not just bog)

Members dont see this ad

Not quite sure what you mean by going through the pits at Vic roads.I have gained rego on many cars I have bought that were unregistered and all you need from my memory is a current RWC certificate and proof of ownership,make an appointment for them to check the engine number/chassis number etc (yes you have to front up with your car to vic roads inspection point,either trailer it or get an unregistered vehicle permit,about $70 from Vic roads)pay your money and get your plates.Keep in mind that I am talking about an unmodified car,if your car is modified then it is a different process regards compliance etc.

Noticed that you said it passed rwc less than 2 weeks ago,I think that Vic RWC is only valid for 14 days so if you have not presented to vic roads within that time you will have to get a new RWC issued.Also,as said above,you have to make an appointment with vic roads to have your vehicle checked (engine and chassis number) and that will cost you as well.

Edited by oldie

Sounds like you're talking about a rego inspection. All they will do is look at the car quickly, check compliance plates and check engine number. Stress less. Generally just some clueless desk bitch.

i stood there arguing with the girl behind the counter for 5 mins about my vin number she thought it was wrong and that my mechanic, old rego papers, and my engine bay placards were all wrong! stood there telling her that the chassis number is the vin number for earlier cars. took 2 managers to clear it all up too lol!

when Ive made appointments for a car to be regoed over the phone the dumbarses wanted to know every single thing about it,told me to bring all sorts of papers,proof of ownership,receipts etc etc.When I got there all that happenned was a guy came out from behind his desk,checked chassis/engine numbers and went away I got my papers,paid the bill and was of.The hardest part is screwing your new plates on!

• 2 weeks later...