Just A Tease....

nerfbat

Car looks awesome! Cheers for the details man, Looks as though i may be able to get a '55 rear shifter housing so should make life a bit easier

Might have missed it but, What'd you do for a gearbox X-member with the 55 box?

And are you able to shed anymore light on this tailshaft? I was hoping to get away with using the tailshaft from a factory manual with a later model yoke

Cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have missed it but, What'd you do for a gearbox X-member with the 55 box?

The gearbox x-member is the factory ke10 and the ke55 gearbox mount just bolted straight up to it, no mods

And are you able to shed anymore light on this tailshaft? I was hoping to get away with using the tailshaft from a factory manual with a later model yoke

You won't be able to use the yokes from a ke3x, '55, etc. Their huge compared to the ke10 yokes.

Zowie had the plan of using the tailshaft from the ke38 that he had, but the flange at the diff was different so we had the idea of swapping the flanges over but when we compared the yokes from both tailshafts it was like comparing a 5cent piece with a 20cent piece.

A 30mm spacer and high tensile bolts between the diff flange and the tailshaft flange was also going to be a possible option.

extremely Po'ed mate...

think its either the gearbox from that yellow 'wrecker' or the new clutch..

something failed, and failed bad..

its like the 5th or 6th time this motor/box has come out in a week...

over it, at the moment..

taking a break... :-(