Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can'T Get Over 50

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

Need some help with where to look.

 

Yesterday I was cruising along in my 4k'd sierra like I usually do :cool: all of a sudden it would hardly do 70 running rough and missing alot was on my way home so wasn't so bad.

 

Managed to get home, I hadn't heard any noises but I give it compression test, all good, and vacumn test, all good.

 

Had a bit of a peek in the fuel filter, full of crud :bash: , put a new filter on today and it seems to have gotten worse. Can't even do 50 and can hardly take off :bash: :bash: :bash:

 

It idles well, no ominous noises. I haven't sprayed any cleaner in the carb yet but I only just rebuilt it. A mate suggested the fuel pump but I didn't think it would take much fuel to keep that little bowl full and when I took the top off this afternoon the bowl was full.

 

Anything else I could try? :blinks:

 

Cheers,

 

Jackson

check all the bolts and nuts holding the manifolds to the head are tight.

 

vacuum leaks around the inlet manifold will cause a bit of this.

 

also check your timing if you haven't already

check all the bolts and nuts holding the manifolds to the head are tight

 

Always a good start. Then electrics, so pop the plugs and see what colour they are, then crank it and see if you get good spark. Check points gap & timing. Could be condenser, so make sure spark is fat.

 

If the plugs look rich a bit of shit may be under the float valve, and if the plugs are lean you might have crap in the main jet. Easiest to take the carb off & just give the jets a once-over, blowing out the passages or hose them out with a syringe full of petrol.

  • Author

Sorry should have said it has an electronic distributor.

 

Will try spraying some carby cleaner in the over flows.

 

Had a look at the plugs they show it might be a little lean probably has a bees dong stuck in the jet :glare:

 

Will also run a spanner over the manifold bolts, I have found a loose one there before.

 

Cheers guys :wink:

Probably Dizzy related, this has happened to me before.

 

I remedied it with a supercharger setup :P

Pull the lid off the carb, Remove the needle and seat and clean out the small filter that lives behind the seat in the carb lid.

 

If your fuel filter was full of crap, there is a good chance the filter in the carb will be too.

 

 

If there is shit in there, use compressed air to blow the fuel lines out back into the tank, then empty and clean your tank out.

  • Author

Pull the lid off the carb, Remove the needle and seat and clean out the small filter that lives behind the seat in the carb lid.

 

:blinks: I can not seem to remember seeing one or replacing it when I rebuilt the carb :blush:

That's because you have to take the float off to find it. I'll see if I can find a picture.

 

here you go- You can see that a tiny hair or piece of dirt sitting on the needle cone will stop it sealing and petrol continues to flood into the carb.

post-7544-0-01579700-1331700709_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.