Ke55 Fuel Guage Problems

Trent-KE30

Its only fair that you should be able to wind back you k's if you've reconned the engine. It lets you know how many k's that engine has done.

Anyway, who's gonna worry about my car being rolled back??

Not like its a new car having it rolled back and i'm trying to make a profit!!

If anyone would even think of saying anything i'll say, the car's 30 years old, it's been around the clock.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good thing about the KE30 odometer is that it only has 5 digits, not 6, so once it gets to 99,000k's, it goes back to all zero's anyway.

If thats so than my odometer and all the others i've seen must have been replaced with ones with 6 by some freakish force.

post-1158-1141733724_thumb.jpg

I'll get a pic of mine tomorrow and post it up. cos mine only has 5 :)

and thats a KE55 speedo, not a KE30. KE30 didnt have raised numbers :P

If thats so than why did my KE30 have this. Now this is how i got it. I got it from my brother, and i know he didn't do anything to the car cause he was too bussy running it into the ground.

post-1158-1141734498.jpg

As requested, a picture of my dash.

Note: 5 Digits on odometer.

post-600-1141792561_thumb.jpg

I went to the wreckers today and saw A 1975 KE30 and it too had 5 Digits. But what is to say that in 1977 or 1978 they introduced 6 Digit Odometers?? Maybe the KE30's with the older dash has 5 Digit odometers??

ALL KE30 Speedo's have flat numbers, not raised like the one you had in the picture Jip. That is definately a KE55 speedo. What you are forgetting is that these cars are old, and the majority of them have had heaps and heaps of owners before we got them, and anyone could have put a KE55 speedo into your cluster. It may have even happened when the car was only a few years old, and they bought it new from toyota, which by then sold only the KE55 ones.

However, the late model dash KE30's could have a 180km/h speedo, with a trip meter, with 6 digit odometer, but they still had flat numbers. Like the one in my car :P

What do you mean by flat??

I know for sure that I am the 3rd owner of my car. Second was my brother and i was there when my brother bought if from the first.

Edited by JiP_01

back to fuel pumps, has anybody ever had this problem with there KE55.

My fuel and temp guages will only work if you have over a third of a tank of fuel.

when fuel gets low, the fuel guage drops to just above empty and the temp guage FOLLOWS IT!!! :P

sometimes they will work again umder a third of a tank, but not for long.

I have had the tank out of the car and checked all of the sender, which seemed fine.

any ideas?????