Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah my fuel and temp gauges in my ke55 don't work all the time, sometimes they kick in. they seem to work when I have the heater on and if I tap the front cover of the gauges. I got told by an electrician that it's the little metal thing that screws on the back of the cluster called a flexidrive that gives trouble. I've pulled mine apart and tried to clean it, it helped for a while then started it's old routine again. :lolcry:

My temp gauge seems unaffected by fuel level, it just never seems to get hotter than about 1/3. The fuel gauge however will not work unless you put more than half a tank or so in, but I've gotten used to using the number of ks and the sloshing of the fuel in the tank when going over bumps as an idea of how much is left.

:jamie: I wouldn't be able to hear the sloshing. :cool: My exhaust is too loud.

Trust me, my exhaust has got to be close to as loud as yours....have a look at MI55KE's member's ride thread and you'll see how freaking huge the cannon on the back of it is. Then consider the fact that the entire muffling capability of the exhaust is that cannon, as the thing is a straight-thru system from extractors to the back of the car.

Sloshing is still able to be heard (with radio off), when going over large speedbumps or driveways etc

• 2 weeks later...
**Fuel/Temp Guage**

Hey does anone have the problem where once you have under half a tank your fuel guage coppies your temp guage, or somethimes the other way arround??

Jon.

My KE55 does exactly the same!

Sometimes the fuel gauge will be the same as the temp gauge, sometime they won't work at all and often at night if they are working (randomly) and I flick the headlights to high beam, they'll decide to go stupid and often go completely dead and sit right at the bottom! It's getting very annoying - I have run out of petrol once because of it! It also seems to be worse if I have the heater, rear demister and parkers or headlights on... I spoke to my mate who's an Auto electrician and he suggested a higher powered altenator.. the old one might be getting a bit tired and not be able to run everything successfully.. but I dunno.. considering it's an intermittant problem

So you guys rekon there's a while cable/plug under the dash which is the culprit???

KJ.

My KE55 does exactly the same!

Sometimes the fuel gauge will be the same as the temp gauge, sometime they won't work at all and often at night if they are working (randomly) and I flick the headlights to high beam, they'll decide to go stupid and often go completely dead and sit right at the bottom! It's getting very annoying - I have run out of petrol once because of it! It also seems to be worse if I have the heater, rear demister and parkers or headlights on... I spoke to my mate who's an Auto electrician and he suggested a higher powered altenator.. the old one might be getting a bit tired and not be able to run everything successfully.. but I dunno.. considering it's an intermittant problem

So you guys rekon there's a while cable/plug under the dash which is the culprit???

KJ.

Agreed on the alternator issue, the headlights, stereo and interior lights in our 55 flare whenever the car is idling, and (possibly completely unrelated) the CD player will skip whenever the left indicator is used.