Another New Guy

SteveUnit

Hey guys a few of you already know me.

for those who don't, my name is steve. I like cars and going fast, but most of all I love today tonight hoon reports and letters to the editor.

A little while ago I picked up an ae71 wagon and I intend on sticking back on the road.

IMG_20120205_155622.jpg

IMG_20120205_155611.jpg

I have two problems, I know sweet f. a. about corollas. I'm also in need of some parts.

I need an indicator/headlight switch. a right side front bumper indicator. and front seat belts(although ill probably source some new ones)

in a perfect world id get a locker or something like that(oh and bart, keep your snickering to yourself :P). some new shock absorbors are need too, where do people normally get cheap ones from? it also needs an exhaust, its custom side exit sports exhaust(paddock basher special) isnt all that legal.

Cheers guys

Steve.

Members dont see this ad

Hit a wrecker and grab those bits- I found a KE70 in there that had almost new shocks. The exhaust is easy, the indicator headlight switch is always dodgy, (I have mine apart atm, I think they all give trouble) and you're probably right to get new belts.

The car looks great, I can't understand why it was off the road.

Hi steve, welcome to the forum.

If you don't have much luck at the wreckers for the parts hit a guy up by the username of Nerfbat on the furum, he's got the same model and colour that he might strip some parts from for ya. Just let him know that i told ya about the car.

As you might know, I am looking for the same headlight/indicator switch..... Grub was supposed to hook me up, but havent got it yet....

The wagon looks cool. What are the plans? Racer or daily stock thing?

You got any decent 504's around the place? Have had my eye out lately, wouldn't mind a cheap one....

JoJo

Edited by J Riftin

Yeah grub was supposed to hook me up as well, i went to his mums house but there wasnt much there. its gonna be a bit of a trash car, so i guess racer would be the answer. no 504s, just pauls. check out aussiefrogs.com, sometimes a cheap one turn up in the for sale. Altezzaclub, it was my friends paddock basher, but amazingly i havent found any rust under it. Thanks for the welcome rob, ill hit that fella if i have no luck. I just need to find the time to go look for parts.

Yeah grub was supposed to hook me up as well, i went to his mums house but there wasnt much there. its gonna be a bit of a trash car, so i guess racer would be the answer. no 504s, just pauls. check out aussiefrogs.com, sometimes a cheap one turn up in the for sale. Altezzaclub, it was my friends paddock basher, but amazingly i havent found any rust under it. Thanks for the welcome rob, ill hit that fella if i have no luck. I just need to find the time to go look for parts.

Is a Ke55 switch the same? If so I have a couple of them in really good condition

Darren

hi mate.

sorry i missed this thread.

firstly, welcome.

and yeah i do have a wagon in the for sale-parts section, almost identical.

however it is on hold til saturday as a guy might be buying whats left then

if it does fall thru, you are more than welcome to come have a looksee, rip out out what you need, for a pittance

:-)

Oh hai Steve :)

For rear shocks many people use commodore ones (should work for the wags) part no. 343 113 I think....Approx $160 for KYB excel g.

These are for lowered cars so you need blocks as well.

Go to queanbehole wreckers, ask to go out back and pull everything else you need off yourself.

yeah thanks bart, are you free during the week, we should adventure.

Dunno mate, will be up at wakefield monday doing some saweet photography. And I might have another day off to get the bike serviced, that'd be a good day for adventures :)

• 2 weeks later...