Te70 Questions

I am new to the old school toyota game and I am wondering what I can do with my te70. I want to turn it into a drift car, but I am having trouble finding information on it.

What front end suspension arms fit the te70?

How can I use an ae86 Diff?

81f7f20e.jpg

just for good measure. lol

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's a genuine TE70, it should have a T series diff in it already. No need to run an AE86 diff.

I was of that understanding too, though recently there was a guy on here from the US who had an S series in his.

I gather Southernjake is in the US? Helpful to add a location especially with Q's like this. Is it a 10 bolt rear or 8 bolt?

I gather Southernjake is in the US?

I figured that too, although I couldn't see the steering wheel to make sure... I'm sure all T corollas are liftbacks here, we never had T-series sedans did we? ..or the 2door sedans they got in Europe.

Jake you probably have a whole different range of cars to us for parts , and they all have different components in them too!

I am in the US; Atlanta, Georgia to be exact. I don't have the car yet so I can't look and see. I am an ex 240sx owner and I have a Built NA KA24de that will be replacing the 3tc when I have all the parts. the reason I am asking about ae86 parts so much is because they are easy to find here.

what are some other diff options? How hard is the ae86 swap?

what do you guys recommend doing with the suspension to make it handle best? the car is already on lowering springs but I was planning on getting coilovers for at least the front. I have heard that ae86 inner tie rods will fit as well.

If you're going to use a KA2x motor then you'd be best leaving the 86's diff alone and go for something a little stronger, especially considering that you will be needing a custom tailshaft for whatever box you're planning on using. I don't know what cars are really available over there but over here, I would pick a HiLux diff for any serious powered conversion.

EDIT: Yes, all of the 86's suspension gear should swap right over.

Edited by Willis

willis, check my sig and envy my T series sedan ;)

it came with an S series diff,

ie 8 bolts, and thats a genuine US TE72 sedan with a 3t

Envy? No. Covet? No. Want to punch you in the mouth? Yes lol. Jokes. Envy? Yes!!! Very much so!

Ah- Dear old Photobucket... so this is now replacing the thousands of images marked "This image has been moved or deleted", as they deleted people's accounts!

Now they are trying to push everyone to pay for the free service they advertise.

It stopped working last night haha

I'm getting the car with 400k+ on the chassis and 80k on the 3tc. I'm getting it for REALLY cheap considering it runs and drives exceptionally well for a 400k car.