Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Squidbits Squidrolla Te21

Featured Replies

6688341127_eb4c6d6a6b.jpg

front_grille by squidbits, on Flickr

 

Name: john

 

Car: 1974 TE21 Corolla.

 

Motor & Driveline: 2T-C with a 4-spd

 

Suspension & Brakes: Coil overs and stock brakes.

 

Wheels & Tyres: Enkei's from a Mazda and Federal Tyres

 

Interior: Stripped, Seats from a WRX, Wink Mirror (needs installed)

 

Body: Pretty straight, needs a bit of rust removal. It's currently primered dark grey.

 

Other: This will either become a rally car or get traded for a drift car. Not sure yet, but it's been a fun project.

 

6688341285_8e5bcd5e9a.jpg

1974 Toyota Corolla by squidbits, on Flickr

 

This is what it looked like when I first got it. Lots of grey primer and rust.

 

6689005141_f8e806299d.jpg

1974 Toyota Corolla by squidbits, on Flickr

 

6689005535_b37f93868f.jpg

1974 Toyota Corolla BAdge by squidbits, on Flickr

 

6689004763_28fea513a3.jpg

1974 Toyota Corolla Name Badge by squidbits, on Flickr

 

NTT7Wl.jpg

 

First I found the cup holder hiding in the back.

 

dwkCyl.jpg

 

Then I primered it up.

 

L3VWUl.jpg

 

Complete with racing stripe.

 

tdw0Yl.jpg

 

Alongside my '02 Subaru Legacy GT daily driver.

 

2ujitl.jpg

 

Hanging next to my bosses' Mercury Meteor.

 

yYqwul.jpg

 

Then I took it to the track.

 

SqZI9l.jpg

 

Got it a little muddy.

 

0SXWMl.jpg

 

And a little sideways.

 

NPs8bl.jpg

 

A proper mess.

 

cN93Dl.jpg

 

Tonight I finished painted the bottom part of the grill silver. It turned out nice.

 

Adq0El.jpg

 

I also picked up a set of these on Friday. Need some spacers for them to fit on the front.

 

What do you guys think? I love this car.

Edited by squidBits

Love it, but why is the front bumper 2 meters in front of the car? Is that some american safety regulation?

 

EDIT< not the original I'm guessing :P

 

Nah mate, That's a USDM corolla bumper. America had hideous bumpers :osama:

loving it mate..!

5mph pedestrian impact bumper laws. The only reason old 911's have those accordion's on the bumper.

 

This thing rules and I love the opposite lock picture. Keep the updates rolling squidbits.

Edited by philbey

Love it.

 

Great look.

 

Cheers, Scott.

The first couple pics look great with the brown tone!

 

The USDM bumpers may be ugly to most, but it seems to give the car a tougher look.

  • Author

Hahaha, yeah the USDM bumpers are freakishly large. I kinda like having them on just in case I need to push some cows around or something.

 

 

Over the weekend I filled in the holes where the chrome trim used to go and did some sanding.

 

9LbgBl.jpg

 

E6tLkl.jpg

holy mackerel what is that ugly looking red thing in the last pic! That is one awesome ride.

 

Edit: Datsun F10, man I'm pretty good at picking cars but I have never, ever seen one of those.

Edited by philbey

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

aQSTO.jpg

 

Did some work tonight. Mostly to the garage.

 

Painted the hood white. Painted the air intake orange for fun, and because it was rusting over.

 

I made a mock up of the paint job I'm going for.

 

JpEu7.jpg

 

I need to find a set of those smaller "normal" bumpers, and mirrors like that.

  • Author

holy mackerel what is that ugly looking red thing in the last pic! That is one awesome ride.

 

Edit: Datsun F10, man I'm pretty good at picking cars but I have never, ever seen one of those.

 

Yeah! A workmate found that in a barn and got it for real cheap. The inside is near overrated. Pretty cool little car.

  • Author

5J5A7l.jpg

I took the bumpers off last night, and started cleaning the rust spots under the tail lights. Tonight's forecast has a lot of Bondo in the future (what do you guys call it? bog?).

 

I also primered the fender flares I have, so I'll start getting those tacked on and ready for fiberglass soon. I'll try to get more pictures tonight.

Edited by squidBits

  • Author

YnDvcl.jpg

 

I either failed at bondo, or made a cool sculpture. lol.

 

aDm7Fl.jpg

 

Rally mirror.

 

ssZ33l.jpg

 

Painted intake.

 

I painted the fender flares, and some other trim pieces black, and tested some chrome paint that I got.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.