Motor For The Wagon!

leigh

hey guys, how are we all?

just wanted to ask the tassie people where the best place to get a motor from ie jap imports? been told they charge lots!

I'm looking at a like 4age or something similar, but met a a guy at hungary jacks last night and he says to go for a 2t! so yeah! just wanted to ask around and get peoples opinion!

cheers leigh

Members dont see this ad

hey leigh, it's ed!

i've dealt with EKW auto wreckers on the mainland and they were pretty good, sent me down a complete RB20DET, loom and box for an old conversion of mine, i can't see why they couldn't send you a rwd 4A and associated parts, but firstly you really need to nut out what you need for the conversion

gimme a call or i can drop round and we'll have a beak at her, see what we need to do.

• 2 weeks later...

that was me that said go for the 2t.

actually a 2tg if you can find one.

or a 3tc if your desperate.

they are more interesting than a 4a, and the conversion is easier.

you can pickup 2t,3t,2tg engines and parts cheap if you look around.

the hardest thing is gearboxes, thats why I'm stocking up on them.

and whats better is you can make a hybrid 3tg, 1.8lt twin cam.

from the outside its a 1600cc, hehe.

hmm so hard!! so many options!!

well I'm goin to check out one of my dads mates who put a 20v into his t18, so he is trying to talk me into that!!! ahwell will see how that goes!!

*drool*

Try and get pics of that T18 man!

No doubt you'll beat me to doing a conversion no matter what it is dude, good luck with it!

I'd go the 20v, only cause thats what I want to do to mine. :P

2tg, as the 20 would be a bitch, have to convert the dizzy over and find all the rwd parts around.

Then new fuel lines, and a surge tank.

new fuel pumps.

RWD Exhaust Manifold, modified engine mounts

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

and as i have stated before.

IT has to be old school.

I'm sorry but you have a legacy to uphold here.

I wouldnt go 20V either, i wanted to but after doing lots of reading, I'm not doing it.

its alot of work for the 20V conversion as stated above, and youll expect around 80kw atw, no power downlow, and having to rev it to get the power and making alot of noise doing it.

a 4AGZE will give around 90kw atw, has good strong torque downlow and will be much better for good road car.

these figures are for a basic standard engine so add exhaust, extractors etc

Id be getting the kind of power from my 2T-GEU of that 4AGZE and using 13" wheels there is no traction in first and second gear will drift in the dry nicely.

What kind of power are you looking for?

No worries josh ill get ya those pics! also good to see u posting again i thought u may of died or somthing, didn't see u at mels!

I probably am looking for more power downlow! as it would be better for a road car as u said!!

the only reason i was thinking of a 20v is that at college we put one in a kit car and did a fair

bit to it, so i have a shit load of photos of the conversion from fwd to rw! so its really the only motor i know about! but if u guys are saying the 2t - g then maybe thats the best one for the job!! and i do like the sound of it slipping out in first and second!!!