November 28, 201213 yr Author comment_638115 also I'm looking for a ae71 passenger side door with the mirror mounted where the window is and not mounted on the door skin, and in sa aswell thanks Report
November 29, 201213 yr Author comment_638183 The colour is bayside blue from r34s it's a great colour Report
November 29, 201213 yr comment_638229 Glad to see you're tidying it up! Crappy KE70 + P's = hounding by police. Glad you're taking out the locker for the moment too. Good luck with the build! Report
January 25, 201313 yr Author comment_645030 Well progress has been pretty slow at the moment due to sister moving back home and christmas and new year things at my house but lately been getting a fair bit more done, painting the wheel arches and crossmember and all other little bits and pieces but heres a few pictures, and hopefully a engine will be in soon. Report
January 26, 201313 yr comment_645075 What are you doing with a radiator support now its all painted? Report
January 26, 201313 yr comment_645090 That's a serious rebuild! It looks good in that colour. Sadly, the car screamed "don't buy me, I'm a P-platers nightmare", so it will be a great education for you before you're finished. I did the same at 15, but mine was a 1949 partly burnt-out car.. Took me years to get it on the road! I assume you could fit a lightened flywheel, balanced bottom end, cam, extractors, Weber 32/36, even 5K piston for 1500cc... you can do a lot on the same engine number and have it looking stock. Report
January 26, 201313 yr Author comment_645166 It's a removable rad support and half of it has been painted black and the rest will be painted when the jams get painted, and I was thinking about building a 5k with all them mods just the other day Report
February 11, 201313 yr Author comment_647036 Well been slow at the moment I've been waiting on front end parts so it can get rolling again, it's now going to have ae86 from suspension because a wrecked wagon I bought came with them which was good Report
February 12, 201313 yr Author comment_647083 So the parts I have been waiting on arrived so hopefully it will be rolling in next couple of days, but heres a picture of it at the moment Edited February 12, 201313 yr by Daizy70 Report
February 27, 201313 yr Author comment_648611 Front suspension is nearly all together now some of the work thats been done to it is: Ae86 struts New shocks and springs New rotors New wheel bearings Rebuilt calipers New bushes( swaybar, lca, castor rods, steering rack) Theres probably more but forgot, still waiting on brakelines because sprints sold me the wrong ones so in the mean time jacked the back up as high as I can and started cleaning underneath and removing the 30years worth of dirt and crap, Will most likely spray more sound deadener over the top but I'm unsure if I will need to remove the old sound deadener or can I just clean it with wax and grease and spray over it? any help would be appreciated. Anyway heres some pictures and one of the underneath before started cleaning. Edited February 27, 201313 yr by Daizy70 Report
April 7, 201313 yr Author comment_652482 Lately ive just cleaed up the underneath the car with a wirebrush, paint scrapper and degreaser and sprayed new coats of sound deadner all underneath and also repaired up the one rust spot ive found so far, my mate who's a panel beater told me just to fibre glass it as its only a small area and not worth welding new metal in. So I just cut it out and used rust converter and sealer and fibre glassed over it then primer and sound deadner over the top. The new sound deadnear really made the underneath and wheel arches look heaps better but makes a big mess. Also cleaned up the fuel tank, diff and fuel/break lines and gave them a coat of paint, the silver paint on the diff cover is a really sparkley silver its called satin silver probably the best siler ive ever seen the way it sparkles, everythings come up really good so far anyway heres a few pictures and ill get a picture up tomorrow of it all in the car as its to dark now Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_652520 Nice work. ..and its been done the hard way! Those stands are so low the crap falls in your eyes all the time and there is never enough room to move. You can see why people use rotisseries, the final step after our 800mm high stands! It will be better than new when you're finished! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now