Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crap Crap And Crap

Featured Replies

i don't know for sure but i would assume that toyota would have the ability to reset the ecu to factory standard

  • Replies 34
  • Views 48.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Fours 'N' More at Pooraka Lesley.

 

Deal with Brenton. Tell him whats going on with it. If its a tuning issue, he will sure as hell sort it out.

 

FOURS N MORE AUTOMOTIVE

 

11 Langford St Pooraka 5095

Ph. (08) 8260 2011

Fax. (08) 8260 2854

 

Email - [email protected]

 

Toyota Specialist he is. I'll be taking my corolla to him from now on when I finally get my hands on another one.

 

Mick

  • Author

Hi Mick,

 

THANK YOU!!! for the details, I'll give them a call!!

 

Lesley

 

OMG! I just called them, and I got an answering machine message "due to heavy workloads, we are unable to take your call, our next available booking time is in 4 to 5 weeks"!!!

...hmmm, and didnt they just move to a bigger place? ;)

Yep, they moved to a bigger and better place. Got a dyno in there now too ;)

 

Keep trying to call them Lesley. You'll get through eventually.

Edited by AE35

i don't understand.... its the ecu supplied by toyota with the car isnt it? tweaked by toyota to run the turbo? then they sort it..... wheres the confusiosn?

 

if its under warranty don't go else where.

That all depends if the factory ECU can somehow be reprogrammed. If its a piggy-back chip, like Unichip or something, then i'd just unplug it (if that can be done) and it should be back to factory standards.

 

By the sounds of it its doing a fuel dump at highish revs every now and then.

Hey SoulSearcher have they told you whats wrong with the car ? Engine clicking noise, that is.

From what you said about the noise and where its possibly coming from i'm guessing its the crank pulley. If it is then more then likely the bolt has sheared off causing the pulley to wobble around. Well thats what happened to mine anyway, melted some of the bottom timing cover, flicked out the key, enlarged the keyway in doing so, ground the nose of the crank down and the engineer had to drill two taps into the cam belt cog so that he could get it off.

  • Author

Hello!!!!

 

OK...MR Revhead is right, the ECU is a TRD ecu that was fitted by Toyota (there's a thread about it somewhere here, remember replacement cost was about $20K?!!) It has not, to my knowledge been chipped. Its the standard ECU that comes with my model car.

 

The Toyota dealership that is local (in the Adelaide Hills) I've only taken it to them once because it was convenient, but I will probably be taking it to the City Toyota Dealer, CMI (although I've had problems with them in the past..MR2 related..) it's not the people who sold the car originally.

 

No one knows what the noise is yet, I may know more on Thursday when I take it to Fours and More (for Dyno Tests primarily to see if they can sort out the over fuelling issue - related to the smoke blowing) but they may have an idea on the noise (somewhere around the water pump).

 

The new clunking noise that I have coming when I'm reversing hard left out of my driveway I think is CV joints, but not too sure, I'll ask fours and more about it.

 

Does this clear up some of my problems???

 

Lesley :)

  • Author

Update:

 

OK re the accident - I took it to two crash repairers, Plush in Glenunga and Claridge Crash in Unley. They both looked it over and sent quotes to the insurance company.

 

Today I went to see the assessor and he checked over the car (said OUCH) and discussed the quotes in detail...he was FANTASTIC! He awarded the job to Claridge Crash and their quote was around $4000.

 

Tomorrow, I have an early start - 8.00am (crap I should be going to bed, it's 3am!) with Fours and More to get the Dyno tests done and possibly some tweaking...I'll ask about all the noises and hope they don't notice the dents in the back end.... I'll fill you in tomorrow night, well later tonight (Thursday).

 

Lesley :)

  • Author

ooohhhh kaaaayyyyy - black smoke...

 

I spent half the morning with Brenton from fours and more and he's diagnosed the black smoke it was preceeded by an "oh my god!!!" my poor car has "excessive blowby", good news Toyota will be doing some tests and fixing it under warranty. When they have it they'll investigate the noise...

 

The crash repairer needs the car for 2 weeks so the mechanical will happen after that....

 

Lesley

I spoke to dale (one of the mechanics that worked on your car) on Saturday and he said that it was pumping out a lot of oil out of the breather.

 

You didnt happen to get this car from someone in Mawson Lakes at all did you Lesley?

 

Good to see it'll be fixed under warranty though :wink:

  • Author

Hi!

 

Yes, there was a lot of oil coming out, it was quite scary to see. The mechanics were great though, they diverted the hose and put it into a bottle and there was a TON of oil coming out well, probably about 50mls, but it SEEMED like a lot!

 

Toyota are going to do some tests (after I get it back from the crash repairers) and Howie (the service guy) said it shouldn't be a problem as I have the documentation from the mechanics, the only down side is that they'll need my car for at least two weeks.

 

Lesley :wink:

lots of oil out the breather usually means the head is gunged up and the oil can't drain back fast enough

  • 1 month later...

I just scored myself the same model car, has a bit over 100,000km on it.

 

It'll be good to share some experiences with you, might make it easier with 1 more person having this car now.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.