How To Remove And Instal A Pedal Box In A Ke20 Corolla

Members dont see this ad

The steering column is bolted to the pedal box, so you have to unbolt it to that to get the pedal box out. There should just be two bolts that are at the end of the pedal box, just under that dash where the steering column is mounted to the pedal box.

Edit: I thought you were talking about a KE70, I'm not sure what the pedal box in a KE20 looks like. It's probably similar.

Edited by rian

Did u release the brake master cylinder pin? Also there is one bolt inside the engine bay u have to undo which is the bottom nut of the master cylinder. If u have undone these then there is a 12mm or 10mm nut ( can't remember size) that has to be undone on the inside of the pedal box. Have a good look around by memory there is three nuts in engine bay and two on inside of car on the pedal box . Call me if need or I can send u pics

U don't need to fully drop steering column , undo the two bolts that hold it to the pedal box , which are facing upright from the floor upwards. Then pull the carpet back at the base of the column and undo the black floor plate. There is a rubber flap also that u need to take off. Once plates /2 are removed then this will allow steering column to fall low enough to patiently manouver pedal box out. Also there are three 8mm bolts that hold the wiper motor in place . U need to undo them also and hang the wiper motor up . Hope this helps, if not send me ur ph no and I'll

Guide u through it. I've down 4 conversions and know ke20/25 dashboard areas very well .

Edited by te27

• 3 months later...

U don't need to fully drop steering column , undo the two bolts that hold it to the pedal box , which are facing upright from the floor upwards. Then pull the carpet back at the base of the column and undo the black floor plate. There is a rubber flap also that u need to take off. Once plates /2 are removed then this will allow steering column to fall low enough to patiently manouver pedal box out. Also there are three 8mm bolts that hold the wiper motor in place . U need to undo them also and hang the wiper motor up . Hope this helps, if not send me ur ph no and I'll

Guide u through it. I've down 4 conversions and know ke20/25 dashboard areas very well .

^^

Done this and mine still won't budge? The steering column/shaft won't real move down much either its quite tight.