Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How To Wire A Switch Panel With Relays

Featured Replies

So my car has been wiring from an arrangatang. Wires going all over to the accesory fuse panel, no fuses, no relays. I bought a Quikcar ignition panel to wire up and need some help deciding what to do.

 

I have a push button start with 6 accesory switches. Fuel pump, Fan, Horn, starter, wipers, ignition.

 

The switch panel has fuses for each switch already.

 

Should I put a relay in between each switch and componet or just one in between power and a distribution box to power all the switches?

 

I will show pics of what I have now and a diagram later.

  • Author

I would like none of the switches to work until the ignition switch is on. So would I wire that switch between the "power bar" and other switches?

 

Should the relay be in between each componet and the switch?

Try and find a wiring diagram, it should have what fuses go where in each circuit.

Switch - relay - load.

  • Author

In someone's 'expert electrical' opinion....

 

Should I put 1 relay between the starter and push start button? Or just run that straight.

 

Should I put a relay between the 12v "bank" and IGN switch? This way the IGN doesn't take all the load OR just go direct from IGN on to 12 v bank and put relays between the acc. items and switches?

 

post-14235-0-59161900-1338965025_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Ok so today I started the fun

 

A preview of the rat nest of taped and twisted together wires, no butt conections, just tape and twist. I'm surprised it lasted this long...

 

post-14235-0-36250100-1339035502_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-12170500-1339035542_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-75317200-1339035571_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-12320400-1339035623_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-22619100-1339035643_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-77394000-1339035671_thumb.jpg

 

The pile of waste...

post-14235-0-67649400-1339035745_thumb.jpg

 

Take the dash out...

post-14235-0-33982800-1339035808_thumb.jpg

 

make a snake and label each end, make sure you cut them extra long so each circuit has 1 wire and eliminates connections.

post-14235-0-60171900-1339035763_thumb.jpg

 

Taped the snake every 4-6 inches then ran thru fire wall, then in the engine bay route the wires to there associates

post-14235-0-90286900-1339035786_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-14235-0-21317100-1339035717_thumb.jpgCut and solder your wires for a solid connection, my first time doing this and they are dam strong, used heat shrink tube too, but make sure its not too close to the solder point cause when the wire heats up the heat shrink does its job and shrinks in place then you can't use it.

post-14235-0-17408100-1339035824_thumb.jpg

 

That's all today, tomorrow I start the relay panel.

  • Author

Home built relay panel and power blocks, going in the glovebox. All connection soldered, a few minor burn injuries but succesfull

post-14235-0-05300500-1339301920_thumb.jpg

 

quickcar switch panel!!! awesome!!!

post-14235-0-07061700-1339302181_thumb.jpg

 

all gold connection soldered, heavy duty switches... drool...

post-14235-0-93619800-1339302228_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Setting up to wire the dash in,

post-14235-0-94698500-1343457438_thumb.jpg

All in one tach, volts, water temp, oil pres.

 

 

A little cleaner in the engine bay with solid connections

post-14235-0-72356700-1343457464_thumb.jpg

post-14235-0-53721200-1343457481_thumb.jpg

  • 2 months later...

Those switch and relay panels are really neat. Nice job.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.