Te72 Front Panels On "e7"

Members dont see this ad

Short andswer - no.

Front guards need a little cutting where it meets with the base of the a pillars and front doors as the t-18 has a lower windscreen angle down to the guards. Scuttle panel below the windscreen needs to be replaced too as the slant front has a different pressing compared to the flat front or te72 (t-18) front.

Being a slant front the headlight, grille and beaver wont go directly on, you'll need to redrill the radiator support for adequate mounting or ultimatley chop and weld he te72 radiator support on. Its more intensive but atleast the front end will tidier as far as gaps and fitment is concerned.

Also t-18 guards have the rubber bump strips recessed into the panels at a different height, ke70/ae71 don't have this as the bump strip was just stuck on... it wont match up or look right at all.

• Upvote 1

damn seems like too much stuffing around,

i really like the lights on them would look sick on a ke, i think i might just wait for a flat front to come up!

thanks for the info though mate, lucky i didnt go a head a buy it without knowing!

Glad it gave you a bit on idea, its a bit of fiddling around. If you were dead set for it it'd be possble but flat fronts come up every now and then for sale as a complete car or just front end parts.

/\/\/\ Jakes got a good point, the panel vans have the front DX trim level, the scuttle panel you have already matches so it'd be guards, headlights, grille, beaver panel, front bumper (as it sits flat against the beaver, not curved like the adm flat front). Make sure you get the rear bar too.

Edited by Ben-89

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I read this subject and I believe that Ben-89 might be able to answer my questions... I have a T18 that has a crack in the lower radiator support, and to fix it I was wondering if I can use the KE70 lower radiator support on the T18 because it might be easier to source? also I was thinking of NOT welding it back to the car and use bolts and nuts instead and make it as a removable lower rad support!... Would it be OK to do it that way, or it has to be welded to handle all sorts of weight and pressure that might be put on it?

Thanks

Edited by Aladdin_GT

How bad is the crack in the lower radiator support? Maybe it can be rewelded?

Removable is possible but you would want to reinforce the surrounding areas as to retain the rigidity it initially had as these were spot welded in.

You could use a rad support from a flat front ke70 but things such as mounting holes for for lights grille etc will need modifying.