Question Thread For My Ke25 Coupe

74coupe

Hey guys, realised I've been clogging up here with constant questions as I have really no idea and I'm now to this side of motoring as I've o ly really worked on c

Vh, vk and eh, hz holdens..

So if I post the questions here from now on hopefully it won't be as annoying :)

Members dont see this ad

To start it off

New diff..

I would like a LSD diff to suit my car as I have a 5k supercharger with a manual going in it..

I would also like to do the diff gears .. But!! Keep stock wheels* on it ( same as front) so hubs and stud patterns..

mmmmmmmmm LSD, stronger diff, stock wheels...........

Only possibility I can think of is early RX7's or maybe RX3. Early bolt pattern and I guess that LSD's would be available but cost is going to be a killer for the conversion.

Easier to convert to the later bolt pattern and source suitable steelies from another Toyota/Nissan/Mrbitchy. But even then converting a Skyline/Hilux/Celica diff isn't going to be cheap.

Yeah man I know.. But I will eventually be tricking her with a ca18det so it will have to be done one day..

I would just like to keep the same wheels on her for that sleeper/granny look..

And not really too keen on welding the diff..

And I would like to do the diff gears so I won't have a vet high top speed but will be fun for what I want,

decided to drop 2 inch around for time being.. just front springs i can get that are 2 inch and the blocks 2 inch for what i can afford.

will be done once roady is done, then ill be ripping out the motor and re spraying the engine bay, and getting the new 5k and charger ready, and have the motor as clean as i can get her for a k motor..

she is looking a bit worse for ware at the moment lol...

what sort of box is best used for the carby when i do the charger, i noticed some people have some big black ones for there blow through systems on the turbos.. are they custom or not?

Le mans motors

I absolutely HAVE to get a photo of that sticker!!

Not sure where you live, but would be keen to pop round at some stage, or perhaps catch you at Winterfest? I won't get there till about lunchtime though