4Afc To 4Age

Khayne

Hey guys, i have learnt that i need not that much actually haha. i know that with these engines u can pretty much chop and change.

i want to buy a black top from japan through ebay.

comes with:

• complete engine
  • mt transmission 5SPEED
  • wiring
  • ecu
  • Intake Manifold
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Injectors
  • Fuel Rail
  • Power Steering Pump
  • A/C Compressor
  • Alternator
  • throttle body
  • injectors
  • coil pack
  • Map sensor

I need a different fuel tank that i am aware of and the lines.

What do i have to do to get the fuel pump to start when i turn the ignition on?

Is this motor too powerfull for a P plater?

Should i be going silvertop?

I don't mind too much for power steering with my old steering work?

And a big concern is obviously electrics. My dad knows a lot about this kind of stuff i just would like to understand it better for myself.

Thanks Khayne

Members dont see this ad

difference between silvertop and black top in terms of power is stuff all.

1.6L N/a too powerful for a P plater? we all had turbo nissans and V8s as p platers!

for electrics id start here:

http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/ECU%20Japan%204age_20v_Black.htm

the fuel pump requires a specail setup, called a "circuit opening relay". half controlled by ingition, half controlled by ecu....sorta. basically so if you crash and the ignition is on, you arent pumping fuel onto your engine...which will be on fire.

something like this:

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Circuit_Opening_Relay_Wiring

• Upvote 1

Is this motor too powerfull for a P plater?

depending on where your from you wont be able to do the conversion and drive it legally, as some states have a no engine conversions clause included in the p-plate laws :paperbag: :fuzz:

i don't think the blacktop or the silvertop would be a legal conversion for p plates.

they never offered a silver or black top in australia for anything that comes with a 4afc (i assume you have an ae92 or an ae82?)

you can put in the 16V though if you have either of those cars, as they were offered in that chassis in australia.

Firstly,

what car do you have? haha.

Does it have power steering, air conditioning, manual/auto?

If you can get a silver top they're slightly more powerful. not worth the extra money IMO.

get your car regod with a 4ac, then say you blew it up and replaced it with a 4age. The RTA won't know its no the same.

• 2 weeks later...

My attitude as an up and coming 30 year old p plater again :( is that I am going to get my second Rolla registered as a 4AGE in my Girlfriends name, then Transfer it. If they attempt to tell me it is modified I will be explaining my platform was fitted with A 4AGE and as such due to the motor being better for the environment and a more economical choice... And I will contest the RTA morons... and besides it is still a 1.6 with a 4A engine no I hope