Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fayt's Ke10

Featured Replies

got some pics of you dads old blue ke10 in its present state fayt

we went out to baskervile with the present owner of the car a couple of weekends ago and the thing goes very hard for a 3k 4 speed

post-1027-1140763489_thumb.jpg

Edited by jamesrolla

  • Replies 77
  • Views 66.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks alright!

  • Author

yeah it don't look too bad

 

the outside looks alright, but I hate the "interior", somewhere down the track decided to make it into a full "race car" and they took it all out, but the thing is, it doesnt do any quicker times than what it did 30 years ago when it still had all its interior :locked:

he has had it down to 1.12 i think and the only thing that the interior is missing is a back seat and some carpet but why would you have full interior in a race car any way. it would probably do better times if it had the quaif lsd that it use to cause is all its got now is a welded one.

i love the flares on it and the 14" wheels.

it sounds so nice coming down the straight at baskerville.

  • Author

:) yeah I know but why make it into a "race car" and pull out some of the interior when you had a perfectly good fully registered ke10 that did 1:06 and all its interior :locked:

  • Author

here's another pic of the fiat in front of a commo at baskerville, sorry the camera flash is a little annoying, but it aint in the way :locked:

 

fiatg9kf.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

mucking around with corolla's will soon stop for me as we are about to begin getting our rx7 ready for the big race meet at baskerville when the aussie cars are coming down, i post up our progress, here's a quick pic i took today:

 

rx7rear1kh.jpg

 

it's whole back end is out of an elfin 600B Formula 2

 

drool....

  • 3 months later...

Hi guys!

 

I used to own the old light blue KE10 mentioned in this post and thought i'd share some info.

 

I bought it in 2000 from a guy in Burnie who got it out from storage in a barn somewhere. It had been converted back to a road car and he managed to find the original engine and a few extra goodies and put it all back together as a registered race car with stripped interior.

 

I freshened up the motor after spinning a big end bearing (rod bolt stretch?) I used to rev it to 8500 (cam didnt cut in to 6000) and it easily revved to 9500 but didnt need to.

 

It went quicker than ever when I had it.

1.08 at Symmons (all the 1600cc ford cortina/anglia/escort guys don't know how it did it!)

 

1.05 first time out at Basky.

 

I put BMW 318 discs with Commodore calipers on it and a new Datto 1200 master cyl With KE20 hubs to match the KE10 stud pattern on the rear (it had KE30 hubs on the front)

 

The TRD LSD was worn and I couldnt buy parts for it so I fitted a welded centre which was better.

 

I sold it to a guy who could only manage 1.14 out of it at Symmons, he blew axles, the engine, trashed the interior, crashed it and played with the wiring.

 

It is a very quick car and I do miss it!

 

I know a bit about the white one too.

It has pedders revalved struts, Volvo rear wagon coils, 180B sway bar and was built by Graham Smedley who's dad used to race them KE10's years ago.

 

The beige KE10 was built by an old mate of mine Bob.

I think he did 10's around basky but the girl he sold it to got down to 6's in it with the 4A-G.

Did the beige one have 2 white "GT" stripes??

 

Last time I saw the green/blue one was about 5 years ago, and it sounded like it was revving quite high!! ;)

 

Sounded awesome for the record...

not that i know of it was just running a 4ag with twin weber and was pretty damn fast, was sold a few months back to someone up north who is now doing hillclimbs and khanas in it, i was talking to the old owner of the beige one and he told me the whole story like u just did about someone getting it out and going again, i would have loved to buy it when it was for sale but i didnt have the money at the time

how were the brakes put on the front of it??? did you make a complete custom set up or were they bold on, i am intrested in this setup for my car

 

cheers james

Did the beige one have 2 white "GT" stripes??

 

Last time I saw the green/blue one was about 5 years ago, and it sounded like it was revving quite high!! ;)

 

Sounded awesome for the record...

 

Yes it has white GT stripes, or did...

 

All my old blue car was missing was a close ratio box. A friend of mine bought a Holinger straight cut 4 speed just after I sold the car. He sold it to a guy in Melbs.

how were the brakes put on the front of it??? did you make a complete custom set up or were they bold on, i am intrested in this setup for my car

cheers james

 

I used KE20 hubs and got a thin steel ring machined up and pressed onto the back of the hub to locate a 260mm E30 BMW discs which were redrilled and threaded to bolt to the hub.

Adaptor brackets were used to mount a VB-VP Commodore caliper (light weight and lots of pad choices).

Not sure if any 13" rims will fit though.

KE10.jpg

 

Over the hill at Baskerville

Edited by VHR32

  • 5 years later...

Hi Fayt.

This may be a somewhat unusual request, but I'm after some info relating to your dads old savanna rx3. I read in this post how you mentioned the car had been written off. Can you tell me when and where this occured and who was driving at the time. I assume when your dad owned the car, it was log booked. If you have any old photos of the car when your dad ran it or when it was damaged, they would be particularly helpful. I would love it if you could send them to [email protected]

I have been doing some research on a car currently for sale. The car has a log book with your fathers name in it as the owner between 1982 and 1986. Would this be possible, or has the car been reshelled or recreated based on the fact the original was damaged beyond repair. If you could as your dad these questions, i would be very eager to know the answers. Any help will be gratefully accepted.

CJS

Sorry Fayt,

 

one more question. The photo of your dad in front of brock at symmons plains, can you find out what meeting that was and the year as I'm having trouble finding any entrant lists with brock, johnson (background) and elliott together at SP.

Cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.