Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's a few pics of my dad's previous race cars:

Here he is in front of peter brock at the national touring car championship race at symons plains raceway:

dadinfrontofbrock8jh.jpg

Here is a poster that was with the car:

savannastats4cw.jpg

Close up pic:

savanna1ld.jpg

Cool Pic:

coolsavanna7rn.jpg

Edited by Fayt

Good stuff little orange! Mike Catchpoll bought the savanna off your dad then my dad sponsored him. Dad got to drive it and said it was Pretty Insane! Pity it's f@$ked now. From memory I recall it was originally brought to australia for bathurst? It was built by mazda itself.

The Fiat also brings back memories. Never saw/seen the ke10. Heard about it though...

the savanna was built as a car for bathurst to beat any V8 :D

the car was built by Prescinct performance, Gosford NSW

yeah, the savanna is written off now, real shame :P

as it says on the poster: "In 48 races, this car has never failed to finish and has scored 36 wins, eight second places, a third, two fourths and a fifth".

the car didnt know the meaning of "Stop" it just kept going hard

the blue ke10 was a weapon too

Edited by Fayt

thanks Rolla Boy, really cool cars they were

I'll see if I can get a pic of it with my digital camera, but at the moment its in the middle of the garage with a cover over it, things on top of it, and its on stands, so as the suspension isnt under any un necessary work :)

Ive got a pic hanging on my wall with a pic of the rx7 sitting with a couple of our other cars, i take a pic of that and post it, just to not leave you waiting, then I'll get a proper pic :locked:

Hey guys, FAYT your ke10 is awesome, good to see someone bringing an old car up to scratch period correct!

I will have to post some pics of my long drawn out project ke10, its a 68' running 5k with twin dellorto's no engine mods of yet, mainly want to get it on the road suspension wise, I'm running datsun 280zx struts up front which has given me a fair bit more track now i need to get the rear the same but that means cutting the rear arches out and adding flares, I'm gonna have to do the front anyway!

Has anyone had any luck changing over a ke10 diff to 114.3 stud pattern? ive looked into ke30 axles but i think i might need to get them re-splined!

Keep up the good work!

What Fayt????? Orange is Tilfords main service man and you own a bloody commodore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:D yeah it weird but you'll never see my dad owning a falcon, so commodore will do :)

anyway, back to the corolla, i just we just recently painted the front grill badge and boot badge blue to suit the interior, do you like? :)

you'll also notice it has a non-dented bumper, like brand new parking lights, the side indicator have been restored to new, and there is no more chunk of body missing from in front of the front left wheel :) ive also got it a power frequency enhancer between the coil and dizzy, that makes the engine happier also, and more fuel economic :locked: ... and more powerful :D

bluebadge7gr.jpg