Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fayt,

Man thats one sexy MFn KE10!!! I love the old skool gen 1 shape!!

BTW have you seen the blue one and the beige with white stripes KE10s that do club days??

Guy in the blue one (has a vinyl top??) repotedly pulls 10,500rpm out of the bugger!!

yeah, i'll think you'll find the blue one used to be my dads and the white ones is owned by a mate just down the street from my house :)

the blue one is now a light lime green colour and is currently for sale down here, it has a fully worked 3k with twin 45DCOE webers, the white one has a 2litre twin cam fuel injected engine with all the works, when I get to fully modifying my car, it would outrun the blue one, gaurenteed

my car, and the two cars you have just said, are all in the same neighborhood :P

and madrolla68, i wouldnt know if thye would go on your setup, but to get one just go to wreckers or repco or a nissan dealer should be able to hook one up for ya :y:, but I'm pretty sure mine is off a datsun 180b so you might find one at the wreckers, or get a new one

Edited by Fayt

Guy in the blue one (has a vinyl top??) repotedly pulls 10,500rpm out of the bugger!!

i asked my dad and he said that it "possibly" could reach up to those revs, but you wouldnt want to do it for long or you'll end up with a blown up engine, he says that you really wouldnt wanna go much higher than 8000 in it, but hey, wanna hear high revs, my dad's rx7 reaches 13,000revs, hahaha :P

the blue one thats now green was up for sale for 6500 and it had a 3k motor sitting staight up and down in stead of on a slant

the beige one was sold only a few months ago to some one up north and it had a 86kw 4age in it and ran twin 45's intstead of efi and had no computer so it had points ignition

ane the white one has a 20valve 100kw 4age in it and runs low times at baskerville and its actually a ke11 like mine, it has a straight cut and a trd lsd centre and stuff like that so it goes even faster, @ the last club day i was competing in it was doing around

the 1.05 mark or something

I bought my wheels off the dude in Lauderdale with the white and beige rollas. Tony something? The beige one had a holden dizzy in it, and it ran dellortos. I couldnt get away he wanted to show me vids of his daughter driving around baskerville!!!!

I bought my wheels off the dude in Lauderdale with the white and beige rollas. Tony something? The beige one had a holden dizzy in it, and it ran dellortos. I couldnt get away he wanted to show me vids of his daughter driving around baskerville!!!!

fayt

the green one had door cards and all of that but it only had front seats, i think it was an apsolute machine with bmw brakes on front and ke30 diff, flares like rob1's and 14" globes, love it

rob1

the guy with the beige 1 is called tony walters, his daughter is very fast in both the rollas, i think she was doing something like 1.08's

you should come to the club day I'm goin to at symmons on the 26th, I'm driven my mums 1600 with twin webber sidedraughts and volvo 4 spots on front, and some nice 15" alloys

goes hard but has hardly any torque

yeah tell me about it, tony and his bloody videos :)

and jamesrolla, i admit it looks tough and has had a lot of things done to it, but if you knew what it was like when my dad owned it then you'd agree with me, thats its too much for what it is, and about a year ago my dad had a test drive of it and we nearly ended up buying it, but the thing was one cranky car, and the engine just cut out on him and he had to push it about 3 kilometers down the road, and the windscreen was popping out and the door kicks were falling off, very tatty :)

but anyway I will see if I can make it to symmons :) ps- I like baskerville better though :P they are planning on extending the track too which is good :), too bad Baskerville is as rough as guts!! BTW- I live in lauderdale too :y:

I just collected my other ke10 I bought today and I will take pics of it and what I plan to do with it, it seems to have a good steering box, boot, diff, metal door seals, side corolla badges, and surprisingly a very clean 3k, with a bosch GT40 coil :)

all for $200 :)

james: Tony was trying to tell me his daughter was doing 5's in the beige one.........

I would like to get out to some club days, don't you need a half cage for them though? I think I might be building another engine for mine shortly though, depending on what happens soon.

Wouldn't mind entering the cmi hillclimb at collinsvale this month first. My car is able to compete in that exept I need a fire extinguisher, which is an easy fix, entries close fast though.............

i might come up to the hillclimb with my dad in my rolla, depends if I'm working :)

onc I'm fully done with modifying my rolla it'll go in the hillclimbs :P

and believe tony :) it can do 1minute5's, cos my mate leigh forest has even done 4's in it :) too bad my dads rx7 does 56secs hahaha :)

leigh forest is the fella who races the yellow just jap celica, and the fella who owns Just Jap, Kevin Howlett, is the one who built the car :)

Now that is a steal. How come i can't find any ke10's and you can. It is just not fair. Good luck with your new car, it seems it has found a good home.

its called knowing people :y:

my dads mate lives up where it was for sale and told us

:)

Edited by Fayt

the dude who had was just happy it was going to a good cause "Upgrading my Corolla" :y:

what I'll do is, I'll look at one bit of my corolla, and then look at the same bit on the one I just bought, and if its better, I swap 'em

I gotta get it out of our truck though, and with its skinny stock wheels and skinny wheel ramps its kinda tricky, considering the truck is a metre off the ground

:P

I managed to get it in, so i should get it out :)

Edited by Fayt

leigh forest is the fella who races the yellow just jap celica, and the fella who owns Just Jap, Kevin Howlett, is the one who built the car :)

its called knowing people :P

You wouldn't be name dropping little orange would you!............ :y: :)

Tassie is a small place, most people involved in motorsport here know Kevin and Leigh.......along with your dad and the other 3 people who race sports sedans in the state!

I remember watching your dad race in a full feild of s/sedans in the mid eighties!......ah they were the days...........

Do you know if Scott Calvert has the Supra going yet? And if he still owns your dad's old fiat?