Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Drop Tank/ Fuel Cell Installation

Featured Replies

Hey Guys

 

Iv got a 60L jazz feul cell I'm wanting to fit into my KE20 corolla, the plan is to cut the floor out of the boot and make up a stainless steel cradle for the cell, i was going to cut the floor and then stitch some 50x5-10mm flat bar around the lining of the cut out so the cradle for the cell can bolt down to it and at the same time strengthen the cut out, will this work or do i need to do more bracing/strengthening?

 

has anyone done it? anyone got pics of drop tank set ups in KE2#s

 

any advise would be much appreciated

 

cheers

Morgz

Ill take some pictures of my 40L fuel cell mounted in my T18, but because your ke20 is a sedan you can just make a flat floor and just bolt it onto the floor and then just bolt it onto the floor and then just put a piece of sheet metal where the back seats used to be.

I did mine the simply way without the "drop" tank. Surge tank and fuel pumps sit inside the spare wheel well underneath the fuel cell.

 

post-3517-0-98385500-1343622661_thumb.jpg

what you described will work fine, thats how i did mine, it drops in through the boot. Is all modifications approved as well.

 

Fuel filler has to be outside of vehicle for approval.

  • Author

yeah I'm running a filter just before the fuel rail but I'm also running a small inline one between the tank and lift pump, one other question, the fuel cell is foam filled, is it recommended/ needed to still run a surge tank?

He said fuel filler not filter, haha.

Did someone mention this was legal? How do you go about filling at a servo? Do the attendants ever stop your pumps while filling from the boot?

Just wondering as I'm looking at doing this myself. The original tank and some lines don't seem to like EFI pressures and associated plumbing.

  • Author

feul filler....yeah i knew that haha yep I'm planning to make up a stainless pipe that will go from the cell to the original filler, talk to your certification guy twinky, phoned mine today and he said what i plan on doing should be fine, like it was mentioned earlyer though the filler needs to be plumbed so it is filled from outside the car

Did someone mention this was legal? How do you go about filling at a servo? Do the attendants ever stop your pumps while filling from the boot?

Just wondering as I'm looking at doing this myself. The original tank and some lines don't seem to like EFI pressures and associated plumbing.

 

Yep. I used to have my filler under the bootlid, but outside the boot rubbber so it was legal.

I changed it in the recent build for that reason, at least half the time the servo people not start the pump until i had gone and seen them. very annoying.

Yep. I used to have my filler under the bootlid, but outside the boot rubbber so it was legal.

I changed it in the recent build for that reason, at least half the time the servo people not start the pump until i had gone and seen them. very annoying.

 

Never had any issues, must be more relaxed in SA.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.