Roadtrippin', Euro-Style.

Members dont see this ad

I suppose I'd better update this hey? :wink:

The stopover in Dubai was a head-spinner, the airports f*cking huge! It was also 38 degrees Celsius...at 4am. Despite a severe lack of boarding calls, I made it into Dublin alive & well. It was a 45minute wait to be served at the counter to get my hire car, then they tried to give me a new Nissan Micra.....I requested the 2 year old Opel Corsa instead. :lol:

Not sure what I'm falling in love with the most here, the buildings, the countryside or the women. The 120km/h speed limit on the highways might have something to do with it too. AUSTRALIA NEEDS THIS!!!

P.S - Saw an Astra rebadged with a Chev badge within an hour of driving around. *facepalm.jpg*

Drank way too much Guinness last night, methinks I'll stick to Heineken.

Traveled down to Blarney today to do the touristy thing of kissing the Blarney Stone, went for a grope as well but it didn't want a bar of it. Continued on down to Cork, where the back roads are awesome but those stone walls are a little close for comfort. Had no luck tracking down the location of a former family owned farm, so up North to Limerick it was.

Can't upload photos at the moment as my cameras memory card doesn't want to play ball with the PC, or vice-versa. Will do when I can.

Pics!!!

The 1.2 litre engined beast, obviously not the fastest car but is comfortable & handles quite well.

post-5437-0-84694000-1345364314_thumb.jpg

St Patrick's Cathedral - Dublin

post-5437-0-88381600-1345365275_thumb.jpg

Because sticker-bombing cars has been done before.

post-5437-0-79655800-1345365026_thumb.jpg

Doing this speed is legal here. Taking a photo whilst doing so, maybe not so much.

post-5437-0-66764000-1345364492_thumb.jpg

Selfy at Blarney Castle.

post-5437-0-27670300-1345364625_thumb.jpg

All good for you Tume, for me it's a bit of a hike to get to that part of the countrfy :P But roads like the M1 from Melbourne to Geelong really needs a higher limit, took many a bend in the motorway here at 120 that were sharper than any on the M1. :(

Yeah, dash is simple but boring. On the upside, no flashing traction control lights when you give the clutch a workout.

Currently in Burley in the UK catching up with family who are also over here for the wedding that is no longer happening. When I finally managed to get to the hotel from the airport, I'd been in the country for 5 hours & sitting in traffic for 4 of them...summer holidays coupled with a bank holiday meant gridlocked freeways that make the Monash in Melbourne in peak hour seem like a breeze.

On the upside, as I had a spare day I ended up at the the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu. So much awesome! There was also a James Bond exhibition there, if there was a vehicle from a Bond movie, it was there. From the Union Jack parachute to the Aston Martin DBS stunt car (yes, it was trashed but they had a 'before' model next to it). Sadly, as I'm on a borrowed iPad at the moment, I can't upload photos, probably best as I took several hundred of them.

Flying out to Amsterdam tomorrow, should be good.

P.S - Uncle Shady, when I can upload photos again, I have a game of "Name that instrument cluster" for you. All I'll say for now is its not what I booked, I wouldn't buy one, but am quite happy with it. :wink:

(internet cafe atm, no usb connection, just a keyboard, mouse, screen & a coin slot)

Played taxi driver to drop my Aunty & my Cousin off at the local airport, then my Mum & Dad at the ferry terminal. Dropped rental car back at the airport in Southampton & flew out to Amsterdam. The public transport is awesome & I have my ticket to Frankfurt sorted. Checked in at the hotel (I've noticed why my accommodation was so cheap here...) & after grabbing some dinner, took a walk throught the Red Light District.

Holy sweet mother of.....

#whathasbeenseencannotbeunseen