Transferring Help. Nsw To Qld.

B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad

essentailly in QLD - if you make modifications that fall outside of the "simple" modifications limits, you need a mod plate.

this helps

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c792a0c9-92b1-43ee-933b-7bdd8b20842f/pdf_modification_motor_vehicles2.pdf

just ring that modplate number man, his name is randall, and he will tell you everything you need to know....

as far as i understand, if you want to try and get a car registered in anothe rstate it is considered to be unregistered here. so you need to go through the normal registration process which in QLD is a legitimate road worthy certificate and a bunch of forms and money to DOT.

RWC people will require modifications to be mod plated if they require it.

of course htere will be exceptions where RWC mechanics don't pick up on mods, but just do it right and do it properly. save headache in the future.

Sorry for hijacking the thread; while we're on this topic, is there any problem with having 2 separate modplates for 2 different states?

Because I spend half my time in Brisbane and the other half in Northern NSW, and I'd rather spend money on the modplates than spend money on the fines.

Edited by rian