Transferring Help. Nsw To Qld.

B-Lugg

Hey guys.

I'm looking at buying a KE70 from a guy in NSW, I have run in to a few problems with the transferring problems.

The Rolla has had a 4AGE conversion, it comes with a fair bit of NSW reg. I live in Queensland.

The car doesn't come with a NSW Roady.

Can I keep that reg to transfer to QLD? Will I need modplates to get the car to QLD reg?

If I could get a rundown of everything I need to do that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Members dont see this ad

When the seller hands over the keys, he'll make you sign a 'disposal form' with your details, which he then mails in to the NSW RTA.

So its not transferred into your name, but its not in his either. You'll just be in the NSW system as the buyer.

Once that rego runs out, you can't renew it without a RWC (in NSW or QLD) so you'll need to get QLD rego after that.

Once that rego runs out, you can't renew it without a RWC (in NSW or QLD) so you'll need to get QLD rego after that.

AFAIK you've got 14 days once you bring it back to QLD. And if you hand in the plates/rego label you'll get a refund on the remaining NSW rego.

'sif 14 days... I've bought cars from backpackers and driven them for months on NSW rego.

I also had my Chaser complied in Sydney, registered for three months under the workshop's name, then 'sold' to me via the disposal form method.

Drove it until the rego ran out, questioned by the police in that time, no problems.

mmmm id just get the thing legal, get a legit RWC and then not have to worry at all...

this guy is really friendly, spoken to him a number of times about various wacky project ideas...i think he might do RWC as well, not sure.

http://modplate.com.au/

he just did a plate for a 1.6L vitara engine into a suzuki sierra for a mate, was somewhere between 150 and 200 bucks.

AFAIK you've got 14 days once you bring it back to QLD. And if you hand in the plates/rego label you'll get a refund on the remaining NSW rego.

Can I get the refund for that though, because they reg will no be in my name. It will still be in the sellers name...

mmmm id just get the thing legal, get a legit RWC and then not have to worry at all...

this guy is really friendly, spoken to him a number of times about various wacky project ideas...i think he might do RWC as well, not sure.

http://modplate.com.au/

he just did a plate for a 1.6L vitara engine into a suzuki sierra for a mate, was somewhere between 150 and 200 bucks.

Thanks mate. That was going to be my next question, if anyone knew anyone. :).