4k-c Engine Temperature

Medicine_Man

ke70tempguage.jpg

Lately my car has been having a few heat issues when driving, normally it used to sit just above the 1/3 way mark, lately its been hitting half way and jumping to the last mark on the guage before the overheating mark. Replaced the thermostat today and it still did the same thing going up the highway, the guage is all over the place, anyone had temperature troubles with a 4K-C before? any suggestions as to what it might be? had the engine apart 6 months ago and the head gasket was changed then, only other thing I can think of is to try torque the head down a bit more... (suspect it has been chewing some water lately so i'm going to have to keep my eye on it)

Members dont see this ad

Think my next plan is to rape the sender off my other block, then if that doesn't fix it change the temp guage unit out of my other dash cluster. Took it to nicks and back, still goes up but not as high as this afternoon, gave it a thrashing on the way back and it doesn't appear as though it wants to overheat..

weird :dry:

my fuel gauge is like that......kinda.....its soooo bloody slow in getting to its right point.....i have to drive at least for 5 -10mins before i get a proper reading.....i'm thinking about changing the gauge.....or trying to find the fuel sender unit

if you have a spare temp gauge or any 1 u know has 1 -borrow it for a few hours, connect it up and see what happens...

Maybe the conection at the back of the dial has come loose - u just got the tacko fixed, so I'm assuming they had to do somting with the wiring around that area lol