Headlights Hazard And Horn Not Working

19914afc

Bought a new T18 last night and found out that the headlights don't work, now I tested the relay and is fine, the fuses are fine, the headlight switch I think is fine? as I had another one from my other T18 an it did the same but it was pretty average as it's been sitting around getting thrown around. Wireing appears to be fine, not getting power to fuses or relay so I would think it's the wiring, if anyone has any more ideas help! haha.

EDit, Horn and hazard lights aren't working as well, I hate electrical problems! If anyone wants to swap for a mechanical problem I will certainly do that!, haha.

Another edit: all wiper functions and park lights operate fine.

Edited by 19914afc

Members dont see this ad

Had a closer look at wiring on the switch and all looks good, ill check the fusible link tomorrow hopefully thats the problem and then I can go and do some more work on the white T18 and then go have a look at another car later on that might need some work, haha.

And all good :) Mucked around with the plug for fusible link cause I tested it and had power both sides so must have just been a dodgy connection.

Thank ʞ©$ɟ! Thats all good now thank you and I hope it stays this way, now to tackle the rust :)

• 10 years later...

If you hover over his name you will find he last visited here in 2015...  Search the web for a 1970s Corolla wiring diagram and it will show you how those circuits are powered, as distinct from the others that only work on 'Accessories' or '"Ignition".

On a KE70 one of the three fusible links just does headlights, horn and hazard lights, they are powered all the time. Its a red & black wire from the battery and each circuit has its own fuse. The stop lights have a different circuit, maybe it changed in a KE70.  Any wiring diagram is better than none-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0xs2udvrv9qfl2/downloadfile.jpg?dl=0