My Ke70 Project.

BrendanRye

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I reckon they're at their cheapest for the next couple of years, then soon they will all be wrecked and rare, and the price will go up again. See if you can find a nice granny-spec auto and buy that, then use the black one as a donor car for a gearbox conversion and a testbed for a 4age swap-over. That way you can keep the new car on the road as a daily.

Then again, can you do welding and vague panelbeating yourself? How bad is the rust?

After a while me and my dad started talking about a car for me. We found this car for $500 went and had a look and it was in very good condition body wise.. Very little rust and what rust there was, dad removed. It had basically no interior, just the two front seats (what more do you really need right?) but they were had it. No seat belts, locked diff, cut springs and no exhaust.

post-13796-0-45484100-1346746012_thumb.jpg

I didn't manage to get photos of the rust before or after but my dad is a boiler maker by trade and he cut and welded it all up. So now there is no rust left. There is a few little dents here and there but we aren't too worried about that as this is my first car.

The almighty 4k. Engine was basically all good. Had a few issues with it starting here and there. Replaced some bits in the carby now it runs fine and starts fine. Has 166,000k's on the clock which isn't too bad really for its age.Was serviced not long ago according to the sticker that was on the windscreen.

post-13796-0-10209700-1346750444_thumb.jpg