Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 3K Distributor Identification Help.

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I recently bought a KE11 and I decided to treat it to new plugs, leads, distributor cap, rotor and points.

 

The problem i encountered was the distributor cap is completely wrong. It said on the packet that it suits "Corolla 1967-1975 - all models" but as you can see from my photo, the one from my car is much larger than the one i bought.

 

What have I done wrong?

 

If the cap is wrong, then I assume the rotor and points will also be wrong... is that right?

 

The part number for the cap that I bought is Bosch GD516

 

post-16906-0-35478000-1347512570_thumb.jpg

 

post-16906-0-83201900-1347512555_thumb.jpg

 

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Simon.

the new cap might have bosch number, but its for a nippendenso dist. you have bosch dist in your ke-11 take old cap with you. get one the same then get points and rotor to suit.

 

cheers mick

  • Author

Thanks Mick... Any idea of part numbers or resources for finding them out? I furiously Googled at lunchtime today with no luck.

 

It's actually my friend who is ordering these bits for me through his work. I won't have the dizzy cap in my possession again until the weekend. :/

The problem is there are a couple of caps as there are a two K engined Bosch distributors.

 

KE20/30 3K cap is a GB708 rotor GB73 points GB534 condensor GB815

 

KE55 4K cap is a GB820 rotor GB787 points GB534 condensor GB815

 

 

The D in the part number refers to Denso, B to Bosch

 

 

Edit: I should note, my source is the Bosch Aftermarket catalogue dated 2007

Edited by parrot

  • Author

Thanks guys. This is a 3K in a 1970 KE11 if it makes any difference. Looks like i'll need to go collect the bits from my mate and take a trip to Bursons.

You can't assume that the engine or distributor are original to the car.

 

I believe all KE1x's would have had a Denso distributor originally. Likely you have an engine from a later KE20 or 30 variant fitted, but equally possible the dizzy has been changed at some point. Worse case scenario, you get the wrong one and have to take it back.

  • Author

Does anyone know why things like distributor caps and rotors don't have part numbers stamped on them? It would take away all guesswork and make a lot of sense.

 

After my trip to Bursons i'm still not sure which part i need. They will need to order them in specially so i can't hold them next to each other for comparison.

  • Author

I had a quick look when i took the photo. If there is a number, it wasn't immediately obvious. I will have another closer look tomorrow.

 

Also note that the rotor fitted to the dizzy in the photo is the incorrect part (the Nippon Denso one)... so try to ignore that. I put it on before i realised i had the wrong parts.

  • Author

I found some identifying numbers on the distributor....

 

9 230 062 411

U-PFU4

T 507 19.003

 

post-16906-0-04042700-1347799060_thumb.jpg

 

From my research I'm thinking it's probably a KE55 or KE70 distributor. For some reason i can't find any info on the net, despite having part numbers and everything. The closest i got was this document ... http://dualfuel.net.... ADOCATALOG.pdf

 

I also took a good photo of the cap and rotor.

 

post-16906-0-26935800-1347799053_thumb.jpg

Edited by KE11

order one for a ke70 - as far as i know, only the bosch distributor (which you appear to have) came in the ke70. I've never seen (an original fitment) nippondenso distributor in a ke70.

 

if the bosch book isn't helpful, use the champion book. I can't imagine why bosch wouldn't have the right numbers in their book considering they make the distributor!

 

Robert.

  • Author

Thanks Robert, I think I will do that. However, as parrot pointed out, there is more than one type of Bosch distributor it could be.

In this case I think you're right though, because it looks like a KE55 dizzy which I'm told is the same as KE70.

Edited by KE11

  • Author

I thought i'd mention that i discovered the distributor is in fact a KE30 distributor.

 

I phoned Bosch and quoted the "9 230 062 411" number and KE30 is what it came up as.... I therefore bought a GB708 cap, GB73 rotor and GB543 points and they fit fine despite the rotor looking quite different and the cap being black instead of red.

 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and assistance.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.