Twin .40 Solexs

Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad
hey trent , i've got 42mm DCOE (sideraft ) webbers on my 3-k , but mines been bored out to 1500 , has a big lumpy cam and they still to big for my engine , i'll be getting rid them at the end of the month if you wanna have a go with them , make me an offer

how much were you thinking of selling them for, ive got twin 42mm webers on my datto 1600 which has a pretty much stock internalled engine with lots of bolt ons

it runs fine but doesnt like going into the low revs caouse it kinda chokes up or taking of it just bogs down and has hardly any torque

What size chokes are you using?

fuk knows but i flies and it is only the standard L16 with stock 4 speed, heavy duty clutch, twin 42 weberson a datrally manifold, extractors and 2 inch, electonic ignition andand it has some nice big 240k struts with hilux discs and volvo 4 spot calipers to pull it up, i am takin it to the track this weekend for a good thrashin.

Yeah, you can get 28mm choke tubes for them, I have them in my DCOE Weber on a 5K and it gets off the line fine with pretty good torque. Quick and easy to change too...

See Hardiman Auto supplies in Sydney as they are the Australian importer and distributor for Weber, they should be able to get some in.

james , ithink 42mm dcoes are a bit to big for a L16 , i get same sought of thing on my rolllr , not much before 3000rpm and then she wants to go!!

yeah smaller chokes should fix it cause like yours it doesnt have much under 2000 and then it just goes like a rocket, i took it to the local tassie race track yesterday for a run, the tyres are shit for racing so i will have to get some sticky ones, but it pulls up the hill bloody well, the old owner did a 1.19 as her best, i got it down to 1.16 with shit tyres, so it should go a bit better