Marks Rt81

Mark90

Yeah, had it on a hoist the other day, has near new discs, pads, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders and shockers :) we have her a big service and she purrs like a kitten now. My only mechanical problem is sometimes when it's cold my gearbox gets jammed in reverse, or neutral and I won't be able to select a gear without turning the car off and doing it. We did clutch bleed, slave cylinder and gear oil too :( thinking of looking for a different k40?

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Not a very exciting update, but seeing as I'm trying to keep her pretty original I've tidied up my engine bay a bit more and have just reprinted my block, side plate and rocker cover.

Block is a high gloss black and side plate and rocker cover are actually a primer with clear coat over top. I couldn't decide on a colour (silver and stuff may have looked a bit tacky IMO) so I'm hoping this will look sweet when it's all fitted. - a photo will be posted then, have a couple of weeks off as of next week, for now here's a photo of the new rocker cover compared to the old one :)

Also going to be tidying up wiring and stuff on my break so she should look pretty cute under there soon.

post-17081-0-11635000-1350563389_thumb.jpg

Haha your not wrong about the similar looks, I'm thinking yours is 3 times the size of my little beast :D

She's not that big a car really, pretty damn comfy though - best old school seats I've sat in, even better than my old VC Valiant haha. Some people that don't know too much about corona's mistake it for a corolla sometimes.. Mmmmeh

Edited by Mark90

She's not that big a car really, pretty damn comfy though - best old school seats I've sat in, even better than my old VC Valiant haha. Some people that don't know too much about corona's mistake it for a corolla sometimes.. Mmmmeh

some people think mine is a galant :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Bit of an update, I'm on holidays at the moment so have managed to clean her up a bit more, I have cleaned the engine bay and re painted my block, rocker cover and side plates. Looks ok! Also picked up a set of mikuni carbs off of a FZR1000 which will hopefully be going on soon, once the manifold and stuff is made up :)

post-17081-0-42623200-1351428126_thumb.jpg

post-17081-0-96575500-1351428330_thumb.jpg

post-17081-0-10683400-1351428364_thumb.jpg

hey, here is a pic of my throttle setup, it wasn't awesome but worked fine, also with your carbs you will have to mount the close to the same angle as the bike they came off, i think they are down draft carbs so if they are mounted flat i think they will leak,

post-15067-0-32995300-1351464161_thumb.jpg

cheers

hey, here is a pic of my throttle setup, it wasn't awesome but worked fine, also with your carbs you will have to mount the close to the same angle as the bike they came off, i think they are down draft carbs so if they are mounted flat i think they will leak,

post-15067-0-32995300-1351464161_thumb.jpg

cheers

Thanks man! I was gonna ask if you had any issues with cold starts etc not using a choke? I don't mind if I have to warm it up for a bit (I do that anyway) but if its too much of a pig to start etc I might leave the carbs for a bit. If its not too bad I'm keen as to chuck them on :)

Thanks for the picture, I had a sneaky look at your thread last night to try work out what you did for mounting and throttle linkage and stuff :)

Edited by Mark90

• 2 weeks later...

So... I'm looking at buying one of these puppies for the Corona. What are your thoughts? I can't decide if it would make an improvement or not! (I'm a pretty indecisive guy) haha - I think it should suit it pretty well but don't want to drill holes in the car to fit it then decide its gay!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1970-73-RT81-TOYOTA-CORONA-MESH-SUNVISOR-brand-new-/390490612710?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeb0de3e6&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1054

In my opinion if you want to put a visor on it then try to find a genuine 2nd hand solid metal one or have a solid metal one made. The mesh ones just don't look good if you ask me, but that's just my opinion. There is a place in SA that can make a custom solid metal visor. They used to charge around $300 though, so maybe even more now.

I do love the visor look though.

In my opinion if you want to put a visor on it then try to find a genuine 2nd hand solid metal one or have a solid metal one made. The mesh ones just don't look good if you ask me, but that's just my opinion. There is a place in SA that can make a custom solid metal visor. They used to charge around $300 though, so maybe even more now.

I do love the visor look though.

Hmmm I like the solid ones more too but couldn't find any. I might ask the dude on eBay if he makes them solid, he's in Adelaide so that helps. Something like this is what I want to go for..

post-17081-0-22774100-1353413989_thumb.jpg