Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carb 4Ag

Featured Replies

hey all I'm going down the 4ag/twin carb route and was hoping to talk to someone else who had done the same thing. just after some general advice at the moment

 

cheers azza.

Advice on?

He wanted general advice.

 

If I were you I'd do it, it will be sweet! 4AG ITB's sound awesome.

  • Author

trev - more to do with best way to run the ignition set up and how i should get the carbs jetted as ive found a mob who will jet the carbs to how i want them when i buy them. i just have no idea on what size jets for what i should suggest at first.

  • Author

snot - i am going twin carb...have wanted to all along

What does the carby mob recomend for the jetts? based on the fact that it is a reasonably high performanceish 1.6L.

 

you will probably get pretty close if you tell them its a 1.6, but its best to get it dyno tuned once its all running.

 

as the condition of the engine, exhuast you choose, and if the engine is modded in any other way will change the jetting requirements considerably.

The one I did I ran a hyperpak on the standard 4age dizzy and coil and ran some 45's that were jetted for a worked 4ag (engine was stock). I did have the 1600cc jetting and choke recommended sizes but lost that info a while back.

 

I think you can find it in the 'weber tuning guide'

I ve done two so far ,the first one i used hyper pak,which work well.

 

Manifold can be bought at redline or weber performance melb.

 

I use dcoe 40 as stock engine,was told if going to cams or more compression to go for 45 s.

 

The one on the stand atm is basicly the same,but being a tight ass i was going to try get 4ac ignition to work not sure yet still playing.

 

You can buy the bungs to block your injectors ,i found these rubbish to big hit the inlet manifold.

 

So i taped out the holes to m12x1.75and used some hex bolts.

 

As for jetting i can't remember have it written down ,i will let you no when i find them.

  • Author

i have found a whole kit and they offer either the 40 or 45 dcoe carbs. motor will be stock bar exhaust but i have plans for a bigger build after this is complete.

 

also thinking of using the hyperpak ignition with the stock 4ag coil and dizzy

Weber tuning guide for a stock 4AG says:

 

34mm chokes

140 mains

175 airs

35 pumps

50 F11 idle

F16 emulsions

4.5 aux's

Closed accel pump

7.5mm shut off and 15mm drop for the float valve

 

I'd go 45's if you can though so you've got room to upgrade (this is for 40mm's)

  • Author

thanks for the info snot, much appreciated

  • Author

I'm sure its going to be a great learning experience

  • 2 weeks later...

ive done it with dhla40s and a scorcher ignition. goes well and hard.

  • Author

scorcher? what is that?

 

pretty much decided on dcoe40's and hyperpak

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.