Mdw003's Ke16

mdw003

haha I don't really have choice, I'm running a 4spd so anything over 90 is screaming,

well with 13" rims mine is just tucking in the rear, and I can go lock to lock with no issues

I'm fairly sure my rims are mazda 626, 13" 5.5, they fit well

Members dont see this ad

Everytime I think I'm over ke10 wagons, I see one and just want one again!!! Arghhh.

haha that was sort of the reason I dove on it. like I said, I hadnt seen one before this one,

I had seen ke26 wags and harrased the bloke to sell it to me but he just laughed at me.

Random update, got the thermo on, and the temp controller ect....

also tracked down a set of Ke25 front disks dust shields and calipers, I'm hoping ill be able to get rid of the drum front

Iv had a good read through of Jono's Disk brakes for noobs thread :P so it seems within my cobbleing skill range

can I use my hubs (Ke16) with the ke25 setup?

this is the only thing thats got me ???

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by mdw003

had some people ask about the fj40 I had previous to the rolla, ill put a few picks up, and a few other random ones of my big waggs

The fj40

post-15870-0-92601600-1350565791_thumb.jpg

post-15870-0-69706800-1350565901_thumb.jpg

post-15870-0-89527000-1350565957_thumb.jpg

lol I love that one :D

And the ss

post-15870-0-62297300-1350566104_thumb.jpg

post-15870-0-54551000-1350566258_thumb.jpg

oh I almost forgot the Ke55....

post-15870-0-58258600-1350566363_thumb.jpg

although it looks good the 55 didnt have a single good thing going for it

there was so much rust and bog and the clever use of gaffer tape,

but that little 4k just kept going, I drove it 500kays home 1 hour after i bought it for $400 :P

just a question, we started the rolla today and it wont idle. Having a closer look we have deemed the carb needs a rebuild, so where is the best place to get a kit from? I'm not 100% but I think my carb is from a 'k' or whatever the car came standard with, it only has 1 vac line to the dizzy.

Any help would be appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

just a question, we started the rolla today and it wont idle. Having a closer look we have deemed the carb needs a rebuild, so where is the best place to get a kit from? I'm not 100% but I think my carb is from a 'k' or whatever the car came standard with, it only has 1 vac line to the dizzy.

Any help would be appreciated

Supercheap Auto :)

I'm bias because I'm a store manager here, but any auto store will be able to get one in for ya. You might struggle to find one on the shelf but any company would be able to get one in easy as. Keen on an update!

Supercheap Auto :)

I'm bias because I'm a store manager here, but any auto store will be able to get one in for ya. You might struggle to find one on the shelf but any company would be able to get one in easy as. Keen on an update!

Haha, supercheap I'm allways in there, why didnt I think of that :doh:

It's been a while since an update, so here we go,

pulled my finger out and finished the exhaust,

got the thermo fan all mounted wired and working sweet,

I have no idea how the old steel 2 blade thing that was on there worked,

Put all the front end back together, with new headlights, now I can retire the old candle power ones :P

At the moment I'm playing with the idea of fitting a gps speedo in the original dash,

sounds crazy but theres a mob in the us called speedhut, that make heaps of different styles and sizes,

bonus is I can get a speedo in km/h that has a fuel gauge or temp gauge in it aswell

post-15870-0-59756800-1353135458_thumb.jpg

I'm just trying to get it the right size so I don't have to cut my original one up to much,

but on the other hand the only thing on the old one that works is the temp guage..... and thats only if it feels like it....

well thats where its at for the moment, I'm back in there on monday so ill take a few update photos ect

cheers