1978 Ke30 Two Door Street Racer Project

timj

2 link... Are you using the front leaf mounts for mounts?

Yes,

I will strip the leaf springs so its only one left, and then reinforce the front and rear mounts.

Then I wil fit a "tractionrod" or "panhardrod" as it also is called i belive....

Voila, two link:-)

And since I'm using a Volvo rear axel, there is diff covers for sale with the watt link mounts allready in place, so that shouldnt be to hard...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

I hope that the end result will be sweeeeeet... But there is some work left i guess.... I'm only looking forward to getting the car painted, as I hate rust repairs.... Worked as a panel beater for 10 years, so I`m kind of satisfied with rust.....

Will have a look at your thread Tommy, thanks.

ke30r, do you have a project thread?

sweet ride mate,iv a 35 coupe myself and I'm interested in the volvo axle ur putting under urs,how much longer is it compared to the standard axle and what axle is best from the volvos as in what model/yr of volvo,thanks,are u near finished yet,would love to see the end result

Hi,

The one I'm putting in is called 1030 Dana axel, that's not the best, but its easy to get hold of...

The one who is best is the one called 1031 Dana. You can find it in some volvo 240/740/960....

But there is no way to tell other than checking the plate on the diff house....

The width of the axel should be the same....

I've got a couple of months worth of work ahead before its finished......:-(((((

I'm on a budget.... I had an insane drifting car that costed me a looooooooot of money, so wifey is a bit strict.... Plus, everything is really expensive here in Norway....:-((

But I aim to have it done before the summer:-)

Well.... Did get something done tonight, welded the wheel arches so they fit better to the flairs... And since I'm a bit of a friend with Murphy... I managed to make a big dent in the left rear fender:-((( so I had to fix that as to:-((

Things are coming along nicely, and as I said, ready for paint in a month or so.... And then I need to get it approved for two more years.... Then I can start with the engine and drivetrain... Phu.... I don't think I have time to work...:-))