1978 Ke30 Two Door Street Racer Project

timj

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could use some help from you guys, my bumpers are so bad, and i don't think I can bring them back... Do anyone have any suggestions? Buying new ones is not an option casue its not possible to find them in Norway... And the shipping cost will be to high... Any pictures or something to give me som inspiration....?

Thanks...

good job with the bodywork so far. Like the flares too ;)

sorry i don't know much about the chrome bumpers. I'm sure someone on here will lend a hand

Still some work to do but its not that bad.... It seems like the car have been inn an accident at some point, cause the a-pilar is a bit warped... But nothing I can be bothered with fixing....

Well, got my gearbox today and ordered some cbr900rr carbs:-))

So the engine and drivetrain is getting along:-)

Will continue with the body work this weekend and hopefully I can start with the right side on Monday!

Got new fenders on both side and a new front bumper, so that's all good now.

When the right hand sill is ready its almost paint time, just some small dents to fix and its all good for primer:-)

Will upload pictures some time this weekend...

Have a good one y'all:-)

I found out that the flares in the front don't fit so well... Their to wide in the bottom and don't look good when I try to force them in place.. They wont fit in the rear either so need some new ones....

Does anyone know what kind of flares that will be a better fit? The ones i have now is for 280z.....

Cool car. It looks a lot like mine. I am interested in seeing that engine run with the bike carbs. Are you swapping to a bigger front strut then modifying to coilovers? I am planning to do something like this to my car as well. I heard that Mazda Miata struts will fit in our stock tubes if we cut and shorten. GL with the project.

Hey buddy, good to see something different on here (engine choice), keep up the good work!

With your bumpers, here in Austraila you can have them sent away to be repaired and rechromed or you could possible repair them yourself and paint them?? Obviously depending how damaged etc

People on here are hard to hard to please, generally the reason I don't bother anymore... Sadly unless you have a k series engine or 4age and think you know all there is they won't really pay much attention...

All the best with the build I'll be sure to keep a eye on it.

Hi,

I bought ae86 front struts, and will turn them into coilovers, and use the original front struts in the rear, so I get coilovers there to.

I really look forward to when the engine is ready to fire...:-))

The front bumper is really bad:-( so don't know what to do with it yet... Probably try to fix it some how...

Thanks for the reply guys:-)

Interesting idea for the suspension. Coilovers on the back? are you are going link? There has to be some way of straightening those bumpers. Other than the bends they look good. If you wanted to go custom you can always body it like some of the vintage custom trucks around here:

0909st_01_z+1972_chevy_c10+front_left_view.jpg

This truck has the same lines down the side and over the fenders as ours. Just an idea. It is something I am considering for mine.

Edited by Skellington

That did look good:-) Maybe ill try and do some thing like that:-)

I'm goin two link and watlink in the rear... Should work just fine i guess...

This is what i have done so far...

57748AA0-B03C-44F3-B913-71EE88116D11-25334-000013B5F1C44BD7.jpg

DC230D0A-485E-4930-84F2-F44C7E29023A-25334-000013B5FE2474A6.jpg

4C6F2387-10D3-4F16-B654-B880FD33A166-25334-000013B604E7B26C.jpg

46ECB600-F00D-4BA6-AF9B-564EF79DBD39-25334-000013B60BE820DB.jpg

Getting my carbs today, so now its soon paint, and then I can start working out the engine swap.... Hopefully it will be done due june....